Mothers Day Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mothers Day Blues

Was wondering how many (if any) are not going to see momma this Sunday because of this Covid mess.
    Really want to but mommas 81, heart issues and it just don't feel right. Not to mention that she has a sister( my aunt) who's in a nursing home on deaths doorstep with this crap. I'm a first responder and it seems like every other person I come in contact with is sick with something. I know, its a personal choice but i just feeling bad about not going.

My mom is stuck in Kentucky so i wont see her

Comment

It sucks man. My brother and I are both firemen and his wife is an emergency room PA. Our parents are in their 60s and pretty healthy but we’ve still held off up to now. This is the longest we’ve ever been with seeing each other. We’re getting together for Mother’s Day come hell or high water. We’ll be in the country and doing our best to spread out.

Comment

No sir, lost my Mom last week to Cancer (she was 68). Due to COVID we couldnt even give her a proper funeral, just limited to 5 people around the grave site. This COVID lock down crap sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
          No sir, lost my Mom last week to Cancer (she was 68). Due to COVID we couldnt even give her a proper funeral, just limited to 5 people around the grave site. This COVID lock down crap sucks!
          Brother, sorry for your lost.
          I guess I'm just whining a bit. My mom (being mom) says she agrees and is fine with what we have to do.

Comment

So sorry to hear that. Ill keep yall in my prayers. I cant even imagine.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine the feeling, especially with the Covid going on. I’ll send some prayers up for you.

Comment

So sorry for your loss. I know what you mean on the funeral. We lost my wifes sister and my cousin during all this. It sucks!

Comment

Thanks guys for the thoughts, prayers and kind words.

You aren't whining, Mom's are the best and its one day we should be able to spoil and give them a hug. Your frustration is very valid sir!

Comment

My mother in law wanted me to grill some steaks here at the house
                    And H-E-B can’t get the order filled /
                    “ Strange days “

Comment

We moved Mom to a memory facility. They locked down a couple of days later. Will be locked down at least 4 more weeks. Hard on her and us.

Comment

My Mom is 93 and still punching and is very vulnerable. Obviously all are to stay away during these times. So the best I can do is call daily.
                        My condolences to those who have lost their Mom.

Comment

Well my mother died 14 years ago. I would say if you have a chance to see her when this is over with to count your blessings and move on.

-john

Comment

My 89 yr old mother lives with me and I'd be more than happy to loan her out for the entire weekend so I can have a break. LOL

Comment

My mother is 86 and lives in Florida. I would love to be able to be there.

Comment

Working...
                              X