No announcement yet.

Why are Grown Men So Scared of Snakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The older I get the more I am aware of danger. If I see the snake I'm not afraid of it, if I don't know it's there I **** my pants

Comment

When I worked on roadway jobs we had many trucks. I used to take a plastic snake, place it on the passenger seat all coiled, tie fishing line around the head and tie the other end to the driver's side interior door handle. Cover snake with newspaper or jacket. When anyone would open truck door the snake would jump out towards person. Oh the laughs we had .
      I wish the phones had cameras then.

A couple of years ago at my NY deer camp. I went into the barn to go for a ride on the 4 wheeler and this snake was wrapped around the grips. It gave me a nice surprise. Snake ID is what is most important.
      This was a harmless Milk Snake.
      KIMG0647 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
        When I worked on roadway jobs we had many trucks. I used to take a plastic snake, place it on the passenger seat all coiled, tie fishing line around the head and tie the other end to the driver's side interior door handle. Cover snake with newspaper or jacket. When anyone would open truck door the snake would jump out towards person. Oh the laughs we had .

A couple of years ago at my NY deer camp. I went into the barn to go for a ride on the 4 wheeler and this snake was wrapped around the grips. It gave me a nice surprise. Snake ID is what is most important.
        Harmless, heck, no. I'd die of a heart attack.

Comment

I don’t believe that’s a milk snake, looks like a corn snake...

Comment

man that just aint right

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
              Their pattern can look similar, but that does look like a milk snake body to me. If you imagine a cross section, rat snakes are shaped kind of like a loaf of bread... straight on the bottom and sides, rounded on top. Milk snakes are shaped more round on the sides and are only flat on the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
                Their pattern can look similar, but that does look like a milk snake body to me. If you imagine a cross section, rat snakes are shaped kind of like a loaf of bread... straight on the bottom and sides, rounded on top. Milk snakes are shaped more round on the sides and are only flat on the bottom.
                Fair enough.

Comment

Snakes in general do not bother me but any diamond back rattlesnake is dead if I see him same with copperheads and water moccasins.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                    Trust me. It is a Eastern Milk Snake. I played with it a bit and let it go.

Comment

Trust me. It is a Eastern Milk Snake. I played with it a bit and let it go.
                      Learn something everyday

Comment

Because some can kill you, is my guess.

Comment

I'm not too bothered by snakes unless it's a rattlesnake but I'm terrified of spiders. I would rather hang out with a copperhead than a tarantula

Comment

Im weird I guess. I catch and play around with the Texas Brown Tarantulas all the time at our place. Freaks my whole family out. I have one burrowed under my garage walkway right now. She almost crawled on my hand yesterday. Here in a day or two she will hopefully feel comfortable to finally do so. Usually only takes a couple of days of them getting used to me, for them to do so. Have not been bitten yet....so.

Now snakes, another story. I got hit years ago by a rattler and that spooked me pretty bad. And we always have tons of copperheads around the house. So I worry more about my kids/wife and and pretty vigilant about killing any that get close. The rest dont bother me to bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
                              Im weird I guess. I catch and play around with the Texas Brown Tarantulas all the time at our place. Freaks my whole family out. I have one burrowed under my garage walkway right now. She almost crawled on my hand yesterday. Here in a day or two she will hopefully feel comfortable to finally do so. Usually only takes a couple of days of them getting used to me, for them to do so. Have not been bitten yet....so.

Now snakes, another story. I got hit years ago by a rattler and that spooked me pretty bad. And we always have tons of copperheads around the house. So I worry more about my kids/wife and and pretty vigilant about killing any that get close. The rest dont bother me to bad.

Yes, you are weird, but not because of the tarantulas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I am scared of snakes. I hate them. And it seems like they hate me. The teeth, the lunging at me. Hate em.

Comment

Working...
                                X