No announcement yet.

Anybody into RC trucks/cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never got into RC rock crawling. I raced a lot of 1/10 electric and 1/8 nitro though. Ran pretty much every class in those catagories at some point.

Comment

I had a difficult time with my old Traxxas nitro truck. I was always breaking drive shafts and the glow plugs would go out often. Got tired of replacing parts after each run so I got back into my first hobby, planes. Not so much 3D flying or anything like that, but scale planes was my thing. Had two electric ducted fan jets, one F86 Sabre and a F/A-18. Nitro planes were big and fun but were a pain in the rear as far as upkeep. Batteries, Fuel, extra servos, glow plugs, glow igniters, prop sticks, and cleaning the oily, unburnt fuel off the body of the plane after each flight. I had a Hangar 9 biplane. Also had a Hangar 9 P-51 Mustang which was a trainer model, but i removed all the trainer parts and added functional flaps and replaced the fixed landing gear with retractable gear.
      I sold all of my stuff when i left Louisiana and want to get back into it. But will stay electric.
      There is a group on Youtube called Flite Test and they specify in Electric planes. They build random designs and sell the plans and parts and its muuuuch cheaper than nitro.

I will say this though, If you want to get into RC, make sure you know what you want. Trucks/cars are much less likely to "blow up" like you would a plane. They are a little more expensive upfront to purchase, but over the long run, are not as expensive to keep using.
      Last edited by bloodstick; 01-29-2020, 02:04 PM.

Comment

ive got a buddy that works in their warehouse up at one of their corporate locations here in McKinney. says they get to fiddle with prototypes every now and again says its some awesome stuff. never dabbled in it myself

Comment

My boy is asking for an rc car for his birthday. He's only 7 so i dont want to break the bank but also dont want to buy a piece of junk that will end up in the trash after a few weeks.

Can y'all recommend a good entry level one?

Comment

I have had them all over the years. I'm really into Arrma products. Currently have the Kraton and Granite 4x4.

Just got a Pro Boat Sonicwake 36. My new prop should be in this week. Trying to get 70mph out of her....

Comment

Mods please delete this thread I don't need another hobby LOL Just kidding I about the deletion not kidding on I DON'T need another expensive hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
                My boy is asking for an rc car for his birthday. He's only 7 so i dont want to break the bank but also dont want to buy a piece of junk that will end up in the trash after a few weeks.

Can y'all recommend a good entry level one?

I got the boys each a Traxxas stampede. It may be a little fast for a 7yo, but they have some smaller trucks. Look up Traxxas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                  Mods please delete this thread I don't need another hobby LOL Just kidding I about the deletion not kidding on I DON'T need another expensive hobby.

My wife said the same thing.....”Another Hobby???!” [emoji12]

Comment

My Carbon RC10 from back in the day. Doesn’t get raced much anymore, but boy is it fun when it does get run.

Comment

My street eliminators.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Anyone interested in a boat?

I've got an electric jetstream that hasnt seen the water in years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Anyone interested in a boat?

I've got an electric jetstream that hasnt seen the water in years.

Whatcha got?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowbender View Post
                            My street eliminators.

Any videos of them running? They look awesome

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                              Whatcha got?

It's a kyosho jet stream 800 I think. I don't remember the brand of the remote. Older nicad batteries. Its close to 3' long

Comment

I’ve got a helicopter sitting in the closet. I’ve always like things that fly.

Comment

Working...
                                X