• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Thursday)

Daily Bible Portion – 5 of 7
    "IN MY DECREES"

(Weekly Reading>>Leviticus 26:3-27:34, Jeremiah 16:19-17:14
    Matthew 23:1-24:2, John 14:15-21; 15:10-12)

Jesus/Yeshua, as our Kinsman Redeemer, is the fulfillment of the redemption payment for our generations. On the night He was betrayed, the High Priest determined what His Life was worth: thirty pieces of silver. This payment was given to the High Priest who did not put it into the temple treasury. Jesus/Yeshua at His trial remained silent. He freely paid our redemption price for sin and death according to the Lord's will and governing principles. (Matthew 26:15; 27:1-10; Jeremiah 32:6-9; Zechariah 11:12-13)

We also see the witness of the valuation of the right of inheritance and redemption for the people and the land in the book of Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 32:8-10,14-15,42-44 "Then Hanamel my uncle's son came to me [Jeremiah] in the court of the prison according to the word of the LORD/Yahweh, and said to me, 'Please buy my field that is in Anathoth, which is in the country of Benjamin; for the right of inheritance is yours, and the redemption yours; buy it for yourself.' Then I knew that this was the word of the LORD/Yahweh. So I bought the field from Hanamel, the son of my uncle who was in Anathoth, and weighed out to him the money - seventeen shekels of silver. And I signed the deed and sealed it, took witnesses, and weighed the money on the scales. 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: Take these deeds, both this purchase deed which is sealed and this deed which is open, and put them in an earthen vessel, that they may last many days.' 'For thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: 'Houses and fields and vineyards shall be possessed again in this land.' 'For thus says the LORD/Yahweh: Just as I have brought all this great calamity on this people, so I will bring on them all the good that I have promised them. And fields will be bought in this land of which you say, 'It is desolate, without man or beast; it has been given into the hand of the Chaldeans.' 'Men will buy fields for money, sign deeds and seal them, and take witnesses, in the land of Benjamin, in the places around Jerusalem, in the cities of Judah, in the cities of the mountains, in the cities of the lowland, and in the cities of the South; for I will cause their captives to return,' says the LORD/Yahweh.'"

The Tithe

Leviticus 27:30-33 "A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord."

The teaching of the tabernacle opened with the tithes and offerings to help build the tabernacle. Now at the close of the tabernacle teaching the Lord again brings our attention to the tithes as key to the completing of the tabernacle instructions (Exodus 25:1-2).

Offerings and tithes are not synonymous. When we walk in His ways, the Lord provides an increase for us whether it is from agriculture, commerce or other endeavor. Our increase is divided into tenths. A tithe is one tenth of the whole portion. This tenth or tithe is likened to the memorial grain offering that the priest offers up. The memorial or tithe is always given first. It belongs to the Lord. Jesus/Yeshua is our memorial and when we give the tenth we give Him our first. On the other hand, an offering comes from the ninety percent after the tithe has been given. What we sow by faith in agreement to His principles will produce in its season and in its time according to the Lord's promise to us. His seed will never fail – it is guaranteed, as it is a Kingdom principle.

Morally the tithes belong to the Lord and when we obey by giving it freely to Him that earthly response to a heavenly principle will reap future blessings and provision in our lives. No one likes a test but if we understand the principle behind the sowing of tithes and offerings we will gladly give with a joyous heart knowing we are planting into our future and into our future generations. What use is there in us keeping or holding on to the tithe that really belongs to the Lord? After reading the five warnings earlier, if we disobey Yahweh's principles there are consequences. This instruction is not for His sake but because He desires to bless us. For what we give to Him, He multiplies back to us over and over again. His seed is to be given away so He can multiply it back and we can give it away again, and again, and again (Deuteronomy 28:1-14).

The tithe is used for maintaining the tabernacle, priests included. The upkeep of the priesthood is imperative in maintaining the tabernacle. Priests maintain the principles of the tabernacle and teach those principles to others. This is where our tithe is sent today. Without the tithe being maintained both the tabernacle and the priesthood will perish.

Isaiah 66:1 "Thus says the Lord: 'Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest?"

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X