Sandals Grande St. Lucian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandals Grande St. Lucian

Well our honeymoon is booked! We are super pumped about going here. I know we can visit all three resorts in St. Lucia but is there anything that we should do/checkout while we're there? Staying for a full 7 days so have plenty of time.

Each other???
    [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Back when we went 8 years ago Big Chef steak house was fantastic. Isn't Sandals all inclusive though?

We stayed at the Landings.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Go to the sandals La Toc resort one night and eat at the French restaurant it’s awesome make sure you dress up khakis collared shirt are required

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you don’t have it upgrade to the room with the swim up balcony. So awesome to step outside and dive in anytime you want in that humidity. Plus bottle service to the room, that’s never bad.

Comment

I stayed at La Toc. Loved It. Take the helicopter ride from the airport... that hour drive with those drivers is hair raising. Pre tip at dinner($10 in a napkin) and your wine glass will stay full. Pre tip you maid, you’ll have all the extra towels and extras ya need. Yes tipping is frowned upon there, but those are the only two times I do. Piano bar is awesome!! Make friends early with other couples and you’ll have fun people to hang out with.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfoot1 View Post
              Take the helicopter ride from the airport... that hour drive with those drivers is hair raising.
              ^^^^THIS

Comment

The grande was where all the younger couples stayed when we went. We stayed at halcyon and wished we stayed at the grande. The helicopter ride is great. That car ride sucked. We fished when we were there. Booked through sandals. It was fun. We did t catch much but still enjoyed it.

Comment

Sandals is great. It will be one of the vacations you will remember. I would highly recommend getting a butler suite. It's a bit over the top, but butlers are worth the extra as they will go out at day break and save you a good spot on the beach or at the pool. Doesn't sound like much, but the nicer and shaded areas fill up fast. Butlers also seem to get preference on dinner reservations.

If you did not get a butler suite, try to book dinner reservations for multiple nights the day you get there. The nicer restaurants book up fast and many give preference to the butlers. It's not something that Sandals will tell you, but don't expect to just walk up to the nicer restaurants at 7:00 p.m. as many will be full and reservation only.

My wife's only compliant about St. Lucia was the bus ride from the airport to the resort. It's pretty long and is kind of a twisty/turny mountain type drive. That's why some recommend the helicopter if you can swing it.

My wife and I have stayed at 2 Sandals resorts. My only compliant has been the slowness of the dinner at the restaurants. Sure, I'm on vacation and don't want to be rushed, but on more than one occasion we waited like 45 plus minutes for a meal after ordering.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                      ^^^^THIS

Who did yall set that up with?

Comment

Go to the capitol city of Castries. Walk around, shop, etc. While at the resorts you don't necessarily feel that you're in a whole different world. While in downtown Castries you sure do.

Comment

When are you going....the country is still closed...we are in October to LaToc....supposed to be stage 3 of the opening....not sure yet what that entails though

Comment

Not till March 2021

Comment

Just booked for December of ‘21 for tenth anniversary. Looking forward to getting some good advice from you!

Comment

Working...
                              X