Public Adjuster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Adjuster

Had two roofers, an “ambulance chaser” type and a local contractor tell me I need a new roof due to hail damage. Most homes in the neighborhood are getting one. State Farm adjuster denied it. Roofing contractor suggested I use a public adjuster and that he gets 10% fee of whatever insurance pays but will likely get enough out of them to offset the cost. Is this the way to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck yes. One saved my kids. Got the house done better than it was..................

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
      Heck yes. One saved my kids. Got the house done better than it was..................
      That's what I'm being told. Apparently the contact I was given normally handles million dollar claims and his apprentice is an engineer. He wants to train his apprentice and have some fun...

Comment

before doing that, I would go back to state farm and asked why it was denied. May be able to have another appraiser come from state farm to get a second opinion. Also may want the local contractor present to be able to speak with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
          before doing that, I would go back to state farm and asked why it was denied. May be able to have another appraiser come from state farm to get a second opinion. Also may want the local contractor present to be able to speak with them.
          Contractor wasn't allowed on the roof with him per their covid nonsense. I'm being told I have one more shot then its no roof or hire an attorney who will take 40%+ so no roof. They just take pictures and send in for approval now so even with a second appraiser it may go to the same person at state farm. Side bar, don't use state farm.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
            Side bar, don't use state farm.
            Or Allstate (same reason).

Comment

wow, sounds like you are being rail roaded. So...it depends on how good the photographer is whether you get a new roof. That is insane. I'd still be calling and asking who/why it was denied. Good luck to ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                wow, sounds like you are being rail roaded. So...it depends on how good the photographer is whether you get a new roof. That is insane. I'd still be calling and asking who/why it was denied. Good luck to ya.
                Guy got out of his truck and said he needed pics of the hail, he would ask before he left and he just left. Nuts

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  Or Allstate (same reason).
                  Insurance companies, are not in business, to pay claims...….
                  They're in business, to make money...……..

Comment

Contact Atfulldraw.

Rod will give some honest guidance.

Comment

Been there, done that many times. Don’t let it go to arbitration. If the damage is there, which it sounds like it probably is, it’ll show up elsewhere and the right PA will have them buying you a steak dinner when it’s all said and done. I’m not one for trying to squeeze free money out of anyone, I’m just saying that that “steak dinner” will likely be paid in the for of a line item on your paperwork which will help offset the 10% to the PA. Even though he/she will get 10% of that, too.

Comment

What else is damaged around the house? Screen? Vents? Gutters? Fence? Ac fins? What’s the ridge and valleys look like? How old is your roof compared to your neighbors? What’s the pitch? What direction does the house face in relation to the storm? I personally would let it rain on it a few times and Check it out again. Have a reinspection only when you can have your roofer there to meet the adjuster. I met PAs for 15 years and IMO they were a waste of money when a reputable contractor will do what they’re doing for free. On the flip side I’ve never met a roof salesman that didn’t say you needed a new roof either. The modern day gold rush!!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                          Guy got out of his truck and said he needed pics of the hail, he would ask before he left and he just left. Nuts
                          I'm like 800 yards as a hail ball flys from you....these are what I got

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Stuff like that was great! I could make a small fortune! I hated the pea size crap with some tiny dings in the turtles and nothing else to go with it. Roofer circling bird crap. Sweat beads. Ridge cap cuts and blisters trying to call it hail. You musta had a staffer OP!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Thanks! Better picture than what I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X