Bow help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow help!

My bow today started making a slight noise when drawing back. The best way to describe it is that it sounds just like a spring being wound up and then at full draw it tings. (Also just like a spring being maxed out) what is the world is it!? Its driving me crazy! I have a drop away rest but I have checked that and that's not the problem..... any ideas?

It's a diamond edge SB-1. Less than a year old

Be careful! Check every set screw bolt and fastener on the bow. Inspect every inch of the rizers for the slightest crack or defect. Nobody wants an arrow through there wrist. Lastly if you cant figure it out take it to a GOOD bow shop until they sort it out.
    My buddy took his bow in after a dryfire. A new guy fixed it (not our regular guy) they handed the bow back to my friend to walk out back to the range and start shooting. I stepped in and told the tech to take the first shot. At that time our normal tech overheard us and came over. He took the bow in his hand and immediately noticed the cams were bent. Bow was flagged, ziptied and set aside.

Comment

Cable slide possibly. Watch for it hesitating/skipping

Comment

Sounds like cable guard. If cable guard will accept it, a Saunders Hyper-Glide cable slider would be a great addition to your bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo1 View Post
          Sounds like cable guard. If cable guard will accept it, a Saunders Hyper-Glide cable slider would be a great addition to your bow.
          I think it would fit. Says any 3/8 inch slide. I guess I will try some silicone spray on the cable slide rod tomorrow and see if that makes a difference

Comment

Well thank you to the people that gave suggestions to help me. After going over the bow with a fine tooth comb I found the problem. There is a hair line crack in my lower bow limb. Luckily I did not get hurt by this while shooting it. I will be contacting diamond and figure out how to get it taken care of. Here is a pic of the crack.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Geez, good eye.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbrown50 View Post
                Geez, good eye.
                yes it was a very tough crack to find. Bowtech was great though when I called them. They said just take it to an authorized dealer and they will send them new limbs to put on. I also found out that the cable slide and slide bar had a recall because it was tearing up strings. (which it did to mine) I will be getting that fixed also and I am hoping maybe get a new string out of the deal cause the current one is not even a year old. we will see.

Comment

Working...
                X