Matador 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matador 2022

We’re a week out from our mule deer hunt, getting excited. Any last minute advice would be greatly appreciated, first time at Matador for our group. We’re first draw, and I’m leaning toward Lone Canyon unit. I bought a big aerial photo of the property with units and landmarks drawn on it. Also have the HuntStand app, to use while there. I’m planning to do a live thread, we’ll see how cell service is out there.

Sent you a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Best of luck James…will be following along and routing for you!

Spent 3 days in the Lone Canyon pasture this Spring chasing Turkeys…saw a good number of Mule deer!

Comment

My bags are already packed. I cannot wait for Monday!!

Comment

Mine too, see you there!

Comment

Looking forward to following along, good luck!

Comment

Hunted North Middle a couple years ago on a WT hunt. Saw a very nice MD in one of the canyons that border Lone Canyon. It was probably one of my favorite hunts. Weather was hot and dry when I was there. A little advise don't drive through WMA with your windows down lol. I had red dirt in my truck on everything and took forever to get it all out. Good luck out there.

Comment

Forecast for next week looks great, and hopefully not terribly windy.

Comment

I genuinely hope y'all get some jumbos. Looking forward to the updates.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk5280 View Post
                    Hunted North Middle a couple years ago on a WT hunt. Saw a very nice MD in one of the canyons that border Lone Canyon. It was probably one of my favorite hunts. Weather was hot and dry when I was there. A little advise don't drive through WMA with your windows down lol. I had red dirt in my truck on everything and took forever to get it all out. Good luck out there.
                    You forgot to mention world class sticker burrs that end up in your bed. That red dirt turns to red mud in the rain. Make sure you have 4X4.

Comment

Thanks Brad, I’ll do my best for a “Live” thread.

I’m ready for he stickers, ain’t skeered. lol. This place have any cactus, haven’t spent a lot of time in that area of the state? Probably be wearing my snake boots, they’re comfortable and will keep pokie things away from my feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                        Thanks Brad, I’ll do my best for a “Live” thread.

I’m ready for he stickers, ain’t skeered. lol. This place have any cactus, haven’t spent a lot of time in that area of the state? Probably be wearing my snake boots, they’re comfortable and will keep pokie things away from my feet.
                        I didn't see a lot of cacti in the OX pasture when I hunted it back in 2017 but the wind was brutal. Hope you guys kill some monsters!

Comment

Depending on which pasture you take, Cactus isn’t bad at all and non existent in some pastures. The prescribed burns take care of a lot of it.

The sand burs are insanely bad this year. Some plants are 12-18” tall. They’ll stick in everything. If you have some gaiters, that may help. Leather boots with non cloth-y laces.

Otherwise, your usual run of the mill pokes and prods from mesquite and yucca….

Comment

Tuned in, one of hot list items for me every year.

Best of luck fellas.

Comment

I’m still picking stickers out of my gear from the archery WT hunt!

Comment

Working...
                              X