Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Towing Ranger with windshield…will it ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towing Ranger with windshield…will it ride?

Trying to mitigate the fuel sucking with it closed. I’ve heard of guys towing it like this. Thoughts? Speeds will not be over 70 over a 2.5 hrs drive.

Just curious, I haven’t set my mind on if I’m going to try it….yet. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, Not me!!!

Comment

I'd slap one more strap over the top of the wshield so it wouldnt close too. Maybe tighten up your connection from the bottom so the wind doesnt overstretch your struts too

Comment

I towed mine like that and afterwards mine windshield would rattle and was allot noisier. I'm thinking its because of the windshield being worked back and forth by the wind going down the highway. That was my experience. I always tow it with the windshield shut now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I tow mine like that all the time. I just back it on the trailer so the windshield is facing backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            I tow mine like that all the time. I just back it on the trailer so the windshield is facing backwards.

Pretty fart smeller for an McRib consumer.

Comment

I would not tow mine with the windshield open like that. The struts are not designed to take the wind force at highway speeds.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think it will make THAT much of a difference. I always tow mine (and the golf cart) facing forward with the windshield down/closed. No extra straps needed and everything stays nice and tight.

Comment

I don’t think it would be about tearing up my windshield but instead- putting other people in harms way when it flips over, breaks off and flies into traffic- could be a family with children behind you.

Comment

That's the only way I'd do it.

For what one costs, I don't see the fuel savings being that great to pay for itself when it breaks

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

No way I'd attempt that. To expensive to replace and would likely cause undue stress. I doubt you'd even notice any fuel savings.

Comment

In the big scheme of things on what we pay for leases, trucks, sxs, feed bill etc, Gas mileage worries plus the possibility of tearing something up. I don’t get it. Not to sound like a SA.

Comment

Risk vs reward...

Risk several hundred dollars of possible machine damage vs maybe $12 gas savings round trip...

Easy choice

Comment

back it on the trailer. it will ride fine

Comment

Only way I’d think about towing one with a tip up windshield tipped up.

Otherwise, as others have mentioned, leave it down and pull it straight in. You’re going to take a mileage hit hooking up to a trailer with a SxS on it either way.

Comment

Working...
                              X