Donating deer meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donating deer meat

Does anyone know of a processor between Laredo and Houston who accepts deer meat donations without charging for taking the donation? The places I’ve called on the hunters for the hungry list charge about $50 per donated deer.

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
    Does anyone know of a processor between Laredo and Houston who accepts deer meat donations without charging for taking the donation? The places I’ve called on the hunters for the hungry list charge about $50 per donated deer.
    Was/is the meat deboned ?

Comment

It will not be. Quartered.

Comment

The Laredo Food Bank used to take it last year, I think someone ponied up some funds to help them accept it and a processor took care of it all to return to food bank?

Comment

If you have several deer, the hunters for the hungry truck will come pick them up for free. They will pick up a minimum of 2 to 6 for us depending on their schedule. Carcasses must be whole, though. Or at least all quarters, straps and tenderloin must be in the same cooler. You can’t yank the back straps and tenders and donate the rest. Reason being, their processors charge them the same amount per deer whether all quarters are present or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
            If you have several deer, the hunters for the hungry truck will come pick them up for free. They will pick up a minimum of 2 to 6 for us depending on their schedule. Carcasses must be whole, though. Or at least all quarters, straps and tenderloin must be in the same cooler. You can’t yank the back straps and tenders and donate the rest. Reason being, their processors charge them the same amount per deer whether all quarters are present or not.
            Thanks. Do you happen to have the contact info for the people with the truck?

Comment

Originally posted by txhuntr2 View Post
              thanks. Do you happen to have the contact info for the people with the truck?
              830-334-1778

Comment

I dont think Jackson's in Crosby charges if the deer is quartered.

Comment

Drop off at Woods and Water Taxidermery/R&D Processing in Conroe, Texas. We collect deer every year for the Star of Hope homeless shelter in Houston. Rowdy & Dena has partnered with our SCI Chapter for more years than I can count. Every ounce of meat is vacuumed sealed and stored on site until I can organize delivery to the shelter on Ruiz Street downtown.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Drop off at Woods and Water Taxidermery/R&D Processing in Conroe, Texas. We collect deer every year for the Star of Hope homeless shelter in Houston. Rowdy & Dena has partnered with our SCI Chapter for more years than I can count. Every ounce of meat is vacuumed sealed and stored on site until I can organize delivery to the shelter on Ruiz Street downtown.
                    That's awesome

It's a shame of all the red tape to try and feed the needy sometimes

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                      830-334-1778
                      Thanks for this. I talked to Don. I’ll drop mine off to him in Pearsall on my way home. Very easy.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                          Thanks for this. I talked to Don. I’ll drop mine off to him in Pearsall on my way home. Very easy.
                          If that doesn’t work out the San Antonio food bank has a drop center
                          Near 10 & 35
                          Attached Files

Comment

Good to know

Comment

Working...
                            X