No announcement yet.

Live from the James D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold off for a 140 class 7. That's what I did on the management hunt at South Shore down there a few years ago. LOL. Actually got a doe and passed on a spike. Should have taken the spike. I was hunting in the old baseball field in the park.

Comment

Haha^^

7 moved off. Come on doe! Would love to get her down and behind me early so I can just worry about the buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good start

Comment

Hunt wrapped up with only the 7. I’ve got to decide where to sit in the morning. Corned 4 spots total. Back at the camper feasting on elk sausage, instant mash taters and peas. I’ll check back in bright and early in the morning.

Comment

Alright guys back at this morning. Moved to a new location to my east. Two good scrapes and a fresh rub. Corned all my other sits too this morning. Service is pretty spotty down here, but I’ll update as it lets me. I’m feeling good about this spot!

Comment

Plan today is till hunt 9-10 depending on activity, then escape out and rattle some areas I have marked from yesterday. Then around noon build a brush blind in an area to my south that looks really good. I would rather be hunting there but I’m cautious to not blow it out and make a really good set. There are multiple fresh rubs, scrapes, and heavy trails.

Comment

Multiple deer to the south. Still a little early to know for sure, but I’m thinking a pair of does.

Comment

Best of luck, love that place.

Good pass on that 7, there's a bunch that look like that. When you get a mature 6 or 7 in view it's a no doubter. My dad missed a 6 in pasture 5 a few years back that was worthy of a spot on the wall

Comment

Heating up! Glanced behind me and saw a buck. Turned just enough to see he had a fork. Started getting excited and slowly got turned in my chair. Getting the binos on him better I see it’s the same 7 from yesterday! Dude is following me and begging to shoot him. Turned back to the long sendero to the south with the does and there is a spike and another smaller framed buck.

Comment

Like the plan and good luck!

Comment

Sky is getting orange. Sun will be burning off this haze soon. Same deer out. Trying to decide at one point do I want to bust a doe

Comment

6 toms. Man, a couple have some really good beards.

Comment

Good luck today.

Comment

Don't wait on the doe! Get it done. One less factor in the equation going forward.

Comment

Good luck, sounds promising. Waiting on some LDP’s!

Comment

Working...
                                X