Colonoscopy time/ shatty outlook on life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rigging Cooks View Post
    Please get your colonoscopy starting at 45. My mother got colon cancer at 50 years old and died 2 years later. 52 years is way too early to loose your mom. I was 28 years old. I had my first procedure at 45 Dr. cut 10 polyps out of me. I have taken one every 4 to 5 years. Had polyps removed every time. I'll be 70 in January. Just do it.

Will be making the call to my Dr and have him set it up . Will be 47 in January.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
      No sir I drink it Thursday evening starting at six. Then they want me to get up at one and slam the other one. Then be there at 07:15 a m. This is some bull shat. I don’t wanna have the runs at the hospital.
      Naw I’m sure you’ll get ‘em in the car going to the clinic

Comment

Originally posted by Rigging Cooks View Post
        Please get your colonoscopy starting at 45. My mother got colon cancer at 50 years old and died 2 years later. 52 years is way too early to loose your mom. I was 28 years old. I had my first procedure at 45 Dr. cut 10 polyps out of me. I have taken one every 4 to 5 years. Had polyps removed every time. I'll be 70 in January. Just do it.
        Word people!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          You're the first I have heard that prefers the jug.... Surprep is basically two ice cold water bottle size drinks chugged 8 hours apart and it's done
          And then you have about 14hrs of the runs total right? My last procedure I used Suprep…won’t happen again !

I eat light for three days and after about 3/4 a jug of golytely and I’m running clear and I then can rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
            And then you have about 14hrs of the runs total right? My last procedure I used Suprep…won’t happen again !

I eat light for three days and after about 3/4 a jug of golytely and I’m running clear and I then can rest.

No..... Did the recommended meal and fasting. Started first 16 ounce drink slam at 6.....First bout at 7:30.. then a couple of bouts between it and till 11. Slept from then to 3:30....woke up around 3:30 for 16 oz slam #2. Clear and solid liquid a couple more times. Was at the medical center office by 6:30 ....on the bed by 7:15 waiting my turn.

I like the 32 ounces of pedialyte type drink to your 96 of milky chalky concoction... to each their own..
            Last edited by Smart; 12-05-2022, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
              I did hear there was a pill for this now. Glad thats true.

How many pills are needed for the same results?

I have my initial consultation in February. Earliest appointment they had. I guess that business is booming right now.

J
              My mom said it was a bunch of giant pills. She said she prefer the drink. I have a consult for my 1st time next week

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

My body must not like that suprep

Comment

Had one a couple months ago. Got prescribed Plenvu. It was a piece of cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    thats what she said
                    …because she knows things are rarely “as advertised.”

Comment

Get it as cold as you can and drink it as fast as you can.
                      The last time, I has some that was Gatorade Ice .
                      I can't drink Gatorade Ice anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
                        Best advice I’ve gotten about prep, eat super light a day or two before. Soup and sandwich type of meals.

I was cleaned out before bedtime, and slept through the night.
                        Did you drink the second dose? Told wife that if I’m putting out clear liquid I’m not taking the second dose

Comment

I’m planning on eating eggs and some grits. That should get me through

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                            Did you drink the second dose? Told wife that if I’m putting out clear liquid I’m not taking the second dose

The thing is… if the doctor gets in there and it’s not as clean as he needs it, (even though your “expertise” sees clear [emoji23]) he pulls out the scope and you have to reschedule another time….meaning start the whole prep process all over as well. Plus most insurance only pays for one monitoring scope a year. Second one comes out of your pocket if your insurance is like most. The medical center isn’t going to give you a do-over on the bill. I took the second bottle for really cheap insurance (since I already paid for it ) and didn’t want to start again. Something to think about.

We were told to eat/drink clear liquids and broth and no drinks with red or purple dye.
                            Last edited by Smart; 12-05-2022, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I just went through this. They prescribed cleniq. . Tasted ok

Comment

Holy Crap

You Guys scare me with all this stuff. Going in 1/5/22 to get set up. Did I say I hate doctor's and my Bride is a Nurse. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X