Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

egg in the basket

Comment

This video has some fairly quick and interesting sandwiches made from an air fryer. There are a million food channels on YouTube and I probably follow about 10 of them. Guga has two channels, Sous Vide Everything and Guga Foods. As he says, sous vide is a great technique but it certainly isn’t the only way so he has a sous vide channel and a not sous vide channel. Guga on his Foods channel does a lot of smoking and grilling.

I watch his channel more for entertainment than actual cooking because he runs some great (or crazy) experiments such as maybe dry aging a rib roast for a month packed in yeast or using baking soda to tenderize an eye round steak or brisket deep fried in bone marrow (yes he did that) etc. But…. his side dishes are no joke whe has some of the best side dishes ever. I have cooked a couple of his dishes. Most other cooking channels I use for actual recipes and techniques. Guga’s sous vide techniques are great though and I have learned a lot from them (like I now dry brine every steak before I sous vide) but that’s another thread.

On occasion, like today, Guga Foods comes out with a real deal cooking video. Today it was air fryer sandwiches. These look great and I will be making a couple (or all) of them.

From this video I am probably going to make the pork belly and chicken thigh sandwiches pretty soon, like this week.

On a side note, I think Gustavo “Guga” Tosta is an American born but Brazilian trained chef who started making YouTube videos about 6-7 years ago. He now has almost 4 million followers. Like most good YouTubers they go from amateurish and sometimes cheesy video to a polished and professional looking product. I think he is earning approximately $2,000 per day on his channels alone. I guess at $60,000 a month you can afford editing.

Comment

I got a searzall several years ago because of Guga. He puts out good stuff and is a hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          I got a searzall several years ago because of Guga. He puts out good stuff and is a hunter.
          I would like the flamethrower that he uses now but I don’t have his money

Comment

breakfast sammich this morning

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Air fryer is a game changer. Beets heating a whole oven any day and the food is better cook with it.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post

We need the details on this. I was gifted an air fryer this Christmas and that looks awesome

Comment

^^ hamburger bun. make a fence for egg using bacon. about 8 to 10 mins depending on how runny you like egg and how crispy you want bacon at 365 degrees. precooking bacon 3 mins in the air fryer before using to make fence will make it even crisper.

Comment

Originally posted by delgadoda View Post
                    Try air fried pickles. They turn out great
                    I'm trying this

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post

Looks delicious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Power XL Microwave/Air Fryer/Oven. Has a large capacity and works great.

Comment

Air fryer can put out some darn good chicken wings

Comment

Made grilled cheese and ham and cheese for lunch! 350 for 5 minutes. They were good! Have wings thawing out for dinner assuming we still have power then!

Comment

Chicken thighs with Lemon Pepper.....tastes just like fried chicken!

Comment

Really good NY Style cheesecake
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Fryer Cheesecake.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	24705461

Comment

Working...
                                X