No announcement yet.

Anyone regret getting an electric car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just those that caught on fire after heavy rains like some in Florida during the last storm .

Wonder how they work in a snow storms when highways are plugged up for hours. Someone is going to get cold.

Comment

How would I roll coal at the stoplight when I pull up next to a Prius with its window down if I was driving a EV? It's not for me.

Comment

I have spent the last 15 years driving 100 plus miles a day for work and have honestly never considered an EV. For me it has always made more sense to buy a small gas commuter that gets crazy good mileage. I've had fantastic luck with the economy Toyotas and Hondas and usually buy a new one at around 250k miles. I can drive the mess out of them and still average around 35 mph and tires/oil changes are pretty darn cheap on the little cars.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
          I have spent the last 15 years driving 100 plus miles a day for work and have honestly never considered an EV. For me it has always made more sense to buy a small gas commuter that gets crazy good mileage. I've had fantastic luck with the economy Toyotas and Hondas and usually buy a new one at around 250k miles. I can drive the mess out of them and still average around 35 mph and tires/oil changes are pretty darn cheap on the little cars.

See that’s what a smart person does.

I’m not very smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post

When I was on the street slakes side I always bought Honda civics. Very dependable and I always came out ahead

Comment

Don't forget to remove the rainbow sticker but they still suck.

Comment

Alot of folks have it wrong. People are not buying them because they are green or because they economically better than gas vehicles. If logic played into vehical purchases none of us would be driving platinum F350's. Musk brought to market a cool looking car that is fast! Oh and you can yourself feel even better because it's green.

Hybrids never took off not because they didn't make logical sense, they didn't take off because they were marketed as economical. Fast cool sexy sells economical doesn't.

Comment

I have an EV but it’s a golf cart. I keep my vehicles for a very long time. Do a lot of driving. An EV automobile would never work for me. I do not have time to stop and charge for hours. I would lose money. That and a high dollar battery make no sense for “my” purposes. I have ridden in a few nice Tesla’s and they are great. Just do not want to own one......nor pay for it.

Comment

We got them at work . F150 lightning Can only get about 200 miles on a full charge . They are fast and nice to drive but the limited range sucks .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                      We got them at work . F150 lightning Can only get about 200 miles on a full charge . They are fast and nice to drive but the limited range sucks .

Mine will just be to drive around for work. Any extended trips I’ll drive my diesel truck or my gas SUV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I can't believe some of y'all have been brainwashed by their green new deal bs.

Comment

I bet if you could unlock the regulator / computer some of them would be crazy fast….that would be fun. But i will keep my old nissans & subbys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Read up on lithium mining and you will see it’s the most environmentally unfriendly choice you could make. Plus charging off the fragile electric grid is another strike and spending $15k or so for battery replacement is outrageous.
                            Hydrogen is environmentally friendly with the byproduct being water, can’t understand why the environment gurus like Gore, Kerry, etc. aren’t speaking up, draw your own conclusion.

Comment

It’s a requirement to wear a mask while driving if you own a electric car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                                The only thing in that post that was correct as it applies to my situation was the actual mileage vs real mileage. And yet it still has no affect on my driving it whatsoever. With my driving style, I get about 85% of the advertised mileage during warm weather and about 70% during cold weather. Both are more than enough for my commute to and from work. I would absolutely recommend to anyone buying an EV to take the advertised mileage at about 60% face value....I recommend the same on a gasser too.
                                As far as advertised mileage goes, mine will actually get every bit of the advertized mileage and maybe more if I drive solely in city situations. Stop and go city driving using one pedal "regen" mode will get much better mileage average than 75-80 mph highway driving like I do.
                                As far as range anxiety, I guess if you use it to go on long trips with multiple charges, that could be an issue when you don't know if the chargers at a specified location will be working or occupied. That could be a crazy bad day right there. I would never recommend anyone buying an EV for those type trips.
                                In fact, my own situation, as a single roundtrip commuter with little variance in your route and where your trip mileage is precalculated and doesn't change much, would currently be the only type use I recommend it for. For that situation it's great and I have zero regrets or complaints.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X