Brady 6 Forks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brady 6 Forks

6 Forks is a deer I have been watching for several years now. He has always had split G2'S but this year he did something special and grew 6 Forks!

Here he is last year at 7.5.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_Resized_IMG_3443(1)002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	25293333

Here is a velvet pic from this year for reference.

Name:	Resized_covert_1808081621.jpg
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	25293334

He has had a history of leaving if the feed was not heavy and consistent. Last year he disappeared for a few months and the day I put protein back in the pen, he showed back up. He was 8.5 this year and I really wanted to see what he could do so the feed never stopped.

I gave him everything he could eat over the past several months and he grew into a really unique deer. I am sure my friends got tired of looking at pictures of him but I have been ate up with this deer for months now and having the opportunity to finally hunt him this last weekend really brought things full circle for me.

Saturday morning, I hunted another stand because I have had deer literally sleeping in the pen where 6 Forks frequents. I did not want to risk blowing deer out of there on my way into the blind, especially on the first hunt. I took my time sneaking in Saturday evening but sadly he was a no show. I studied the camera pics and had not had a deer sleeping in the pen for the past two nights and I had to head home after the Sunday morning hunt. I got up really early and decided to walk to the blind with no light and I parked about half a mile away. It was a long task getting to the blind slowly and quietly but I was able to make it in the blind without spooking any deer. He was a no show at the first feeding. My head was spinning running all kinds of scenarios through my head as to why he was not showing. The second feed went off and he was still a no show. The deer were really starting to clean up the corn and it was now or never. Off to my left, I noticed his running buddy easing out of the woods and headed to the pen. My heart started to pump so hard it made my vision blur. Then he stepped out! I knew my opportunity was now. He fed around the edge of the pen and was being pushed off by some younger deer. He was moving around quite a bit and I was not sure what type of shot he was going to offer with little to no corn left, so I had my bow ready.

He finally began moving between the blind and the feeder and was at 9 yards! I felt confident if he would just stop for a second, he would be in trouble. He did, and I let the arrow fly. He jumped out of the pen, kicked the arrow out and all went silent. I waited about 45 minutes and then went and checked my arrow. The blood was good and I scoured the area with my binos to see if I could locate him without having to walk into the brush. I spotted him about 50 yards from the blind and that was it!

Here is a link to the video. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUb6aKLzXfE"]00039 - YouTube[/ame]

Special thanks to all of my friends that supported me with this deer. All of the buildup and camaraderie is just as fun as the hunt to me.

Thanks for following along!!

Name:	Resized_20221002_093509.jpg
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	25293330

Name:	Resized_20221002_093636.jpg
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	25293331

Name:	Resized_20221002_093712.jpg
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	25293332

I’m very happy for you. Congrats again, my Friend!

He’s a super cool deer. That old age and crazy character sure makes him a special buck. You drilled him…Perfect shot! That Killzone tore him up.

Comment

Very cool buck. Congrats.

Comment

Congratulations on a great buck. Drilled him!!

Comment

Very cool buck Bobby! Congrats!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome! Helluva unique buck there Bobby! Congrats on getting it done!

Comment

Awesome buck and story! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great Buck, congrats!!

Comment

Way to go man !

Thx for sharing video. Awesome buck

Comment

Congrats on a great buck and shot!

Comment

You did good,Congrats again Bobby!

Comment

Very nice, congrats

Comment

Beauty Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Well done! Nice headset on that one too.

Comment

Working...
                              X