No announcement yet.

Harbor Freight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those $5 HF yellow tennis racquet-style bug zappers are legit.

I wouldn't trust their chicom jackstands or angle grinder wheels however.

Comment

Ask lieutenant Dan why he stopped using their Jack stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
        Ask lieutenant Dan why he stopped using their Jack stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Daaaaaam! So wrong! Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
          The Bauer brand that they carry is legit.
          I’m generally a tool snob and want high quality proven brand name stuff, but I wanted a pole saw and didn’t want to spend Stihl money. I’ve had the Bauer electric pole saw at least a couple years, and it works so well I bought a drill that uses the same batteries.
          I’m pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Do they have ANYTHING in their stores that isn't made in China or India?
            Compared to what other stores? If you only buy American made, you are going to have an extremely narrow selection LOL.

Comment

The great thing about Harbor Freight is, for the price you pay, is that everything in there can eventually become a decent hammer.

Comment

I have bought a lot of their tools and other stuff like cable ties, clamps, flashlights, etc.. to keep out at the lease and even some I keep in the tool box in my truck.

From my experience they've held up fairly well. I wouldn't rate them top notch but they get the job done for what I need them for. I'm also not spending a lot or having to drag my tools with me to the lease.

Comment

I think Bauer is their top of the line products

Comment

Man I love Harbor Freight for my deer lease tool bag tools and anything I want to leave up there to use. Plus they have good cheap consumables like zipties, paint brushes, rollers, nitrile and mechanics gloves, for the same deer lease and around the house use.

We bought a 2" Clean water pump in 2014 and it has been used and abused for 8 years. I think after coupon it was $159 plus tax.(wish they still allowed them on that) If it blew up tomorrow,we definitely got our use out of it and would buy another tomorrow at $230. We drain the ethanol free fuel from the carb bowl and the water from the pump housing at the end of each weekend of use. Mechanically it has not missed a beat. Starts on the 1st pull after the 1-2 choke pulls every time. Our roads are rocky and it takes a good bouncing on the trailer occasionally too.

My Predator 2000 generator kept us warm during snow-mageddon 2021 and hasn't missed a beat using at the deer or pig lease when we need mobile electricity. Haven't had any failures that I recall on my HF stuff. I still buy Milwaukee (or Dewalt) for my electric power stuff but wouldn't be afraid to own any Bauer. I'm about to jump off in a 5 ton electric splitter for my BBQ and deer lease wood as well. The reviews and videos show it to be a dependable and practical.
                    Last edited by Smart; 07-20-2022, 08:04 AM.

Comment

I’m pert near sure that Hercules is their top tier power line up. I haven’t purchased any hand tools from them but I do have some of their magnetic parts trays and they are awesome. I own the US general rolling chest- heavy duty built- great product. I own the Hercules sliding compound mitre saw after I had purchased a stinking ryobi , Makita & Dewalt in which their was no way to get their fences straight no matter how much adjusting was tried( the Hercules Was true right out of the box and very powerful. I own the Hercules stand for the saw and it is very sturdy and well built. I own a Hercules side grinder and it is powerful , I don’t foresee any problems with these tools in the future. I messed up and purchased 2 - 2 pound spools of mig wire there and it is garbage. Most of the power equipment even from Milwaukee is built in the same factory in China so before you put your foot in your mouth you may want to research that . It will tick you off to say the least- it did me.
                      I’m about to purchase more tool chest to add on to my rolling tool chest and they will be around as long as any snap-on chest . I have purchased wire wheels for my grinders there but they throw wires constantly- junk. I’ve purchased packages of cut off discs and have yet to have one fail me.

Look at the high end hand tools - it will tick you off to see where they are made- even snap on has some!

It stinks but very few products are made here in the US of A!

Comment

I would not recommend their combo wrench sets or other wrench sets for daily rigorous use but for one offs they work fine. Perfect for deer lease throw away stuff. We just built a decently sized pilot plant in San Antonio and I was making weekly runs for a lot of the consumable pieces which worked just fine (ie. gloves, cutting discs, grinding wheels, tiger paws, etc). I have the predator generator and no complaints thus far. I personally would not buy my impacts, electric drills, or electric saws from there.

Comment

My wife bought me a Ryobi set in 1996. I finally smoked the drill while building a deer stand two months ago. Bought an 18v Bosch for $129.00 and it’s nowhere near the drill the Ryobi had been. Unfortunately nothing is built like they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
                            I would not recommend their combo wrench sets or other wrench sets for daily rigorous use but for one offs they work fine. Perfect for deer lease throw away stuff. We just built a decently sized pilot plant in San Antonio and I was making weekly runs for a lot of the consumable pieces which worked just fine (ie. gloves, cutting discs, grinding wheels, tiger paws, etc). I have the predator generator and no complaints thus far. I personally would not buy my impacts, electric drills, or electric saws from there.

14 years (starting 15) and I've yet to throw away any of the HF deer lease handtools ....guess I've been lucky No roundoffs either that I can recall....but we don't use them every day. Do use them every trip....because there is always something going on...

Comment

I am hard on tools. Love Harbor Freight. Biggest purchases were the 9000 Predator generator and a 12 inch compound miter saw. Generator has been flawless for 2 years and gets used a lot. Saw gets used even more and has been perfect for 6 years. Saved over $1,000 between those two.

I also have dozens of clamps and hand tools (wire cutters, channel locks, hammers, etc). Never a problem.

Finally, I kill it on their 4.5" angle grinders. Get them on sale for $12.99. I beat the living hell out of them and usually get a year out of them.

Sand paper, grinding wheels, cut off wheels are all pure crap.

Comment

4.5” grinders for $13.00? I’m in!

Comment

Working...
                                X