Who remembers Charlie Robison?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who remembers Charlie Robison?

He made some good music and I listen to a lot of it on Pandora. Shame he can't sing anymore or didn't get the exposure half these hip hop "country " artists do today.
    Surely I'm not the only one who enjoys his music?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

El Ceritto Place every **** time it comes on my music on the phone, can’t seem to ever skip over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He put out some great stuff back in the day.

Comment

I love his music

Comment

“My Home Town” is one of my favorite songs. I met him once. And his brother. Good fellas.

Comment

He had/has some great tunes for sure... lots of his songs on my playlist.

Comment

one of my all time favorites for sure.

Comment

It’s a shame he was a great singer songwriter. Had surgery and ended up damaging his vocal cords .

Comment

Love his stuff and always been a big fan of him and his brother Bruce. They grew up right down the road from me in Bandera and a few of their songs they wrote are about that.

I think they enjoyed staying smaller and on the Texas/Red dirt scene instead of in Nashville. They both made a ton of money from writing huge hits for George Strait and many other artists.

Comment

New years day and my hometown! His brother isn't half bad either in angry all the time

Comment

back in college I went to a music festival in Stephenville. It was in a field and we camped and listened to different bands all day. Charlie was one of the singers. I was asleep in my tent and woke up to someone right outside singing. It was Charlie sitting by our campfire playing guitar and singing. In all of my teenage wisdom I told him to shut up and went back to sleep. I still enjoy his music though

Comment

Love his music. I had no idea he couldn’t sing anymore. He is very well known in the Texas music seen. I don’t think he wanted all the glitz and glam of a big star. Him, and his brother Bruce put out some good music.

Comment

I walked into a Mexican resteraunt in Leakey one afternoon and he was in there eating with a lady friend. Just the three of us in there plus the staff.

Comment

Love a lot of his stuff. Good Times, Photograph, The Girls In Texas.

Maybe my favorite is Indianola. “The cancer’ll get him if anything’s fair”…. Great lyric.

Comment

Favorite county artist. Met him at the mucky duck in Houston right before he was unable to sing anymore. Really nice guy. “Hometown” was the first dance at my wedding

Comment

Working...
                              X