Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having a hard time working from home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else having a hard time working from home?

When all this Covid stuff first started, I thought I was going to like working from home. Not so much any more. I'm finding it harder and harder to stay on task. It makes for a long day and I feel unproductive.

Of course, TBH doesn't always help in this aspect but, I've learned how to deal with that part.

Anyone else feel this way?
    Last edited by Hoggslayer; 07-27-2020, 03:56 PM.

I think my wife has come to the realization that she needs to go back to the office.

Comment

Yes. I can't access any of the systems I use unless I'm in the office.

Comment

I said months ago I prefer working in the office. My routine and diet are far better while in the office. I’ve definitely put on some weight since this started. Also, I find myself working more “indirect” hours, ie I’ll work a 9 or 10 hour day, but it’s broken up and I find myself still working at night. This is mostly because of distractions at the home that I wouldn’t otherwise have at the office.

Comment

I love it. Except for my wife tells me to shut the F up everytime I get on the phone because she’s also on the phone and I’m a loud talker[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No issues here and actually enjoy it.

Comment

Mary and I both work from home. I have worked from home for the last 13 years. I am both used to it and good at it!

Comment

Work wise it’s better because I can handle lots of others things while being home and come right back to “work”. My anxiety level is way higher at home though working and having a 4 and 6yr old in the house

Comment

Comment

Here, I was decently unproductive. Best yet- I was surplused 10 July, last day was 24 July- I am now free, retired, and looking for a job.

Comment

I never quit going. I learned real quick there is entirely to much activity currently at my house to work. I had the office to myself there was zero traffic until mid June so why not go? Traffic is still decent and the office is at maybe 20% and it just works better for me.

It’s worthy of its own thread but conference calls and Zoom meetings suck! I would be curious to hear those stories as well?
                      Last edited by myway; 07-27-2020, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                        I love it. Except for my wife tells me to shut the F up everytime I get on the phone because she’s also on the phone and I’m a loud talker[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMAO!! Boy that sounds familiar! We have a single wall between the two offices. It's fun...

Comment

I m doing just fine. Need to find another online job to make all the money I am spending on projects around the house I have never had time for.

Comment

I was getting by ok, but I finally set up a dedicated work space that’s comfortable, has my dual screens from the office, and is secluded from the kids distractions. I’ve been able to focus a lot better, which helps the day go by easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Whenever I’m in town I always worked from home so I’m used to it. My wife hates it and is going stir crazy. Doesn’t help that she’s pregnant and we have a 2yo running around. We each work in 2 hour shifts while the other has our daughter, one gets the office

Comment

Working...
                              X