AR Trigger question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR Trigger question

Not really liking the mil spec trigger on the Radical Arms I picked up. Are the replacement spring kits a good option or drop in another trigger assembly? I'm not looking for or expecting competition level quality but want something better than 8# and lots of creep.

I used the drop in and it was super easy. I put in a CMC 2.5 flat and love it.

Comment

Larue mbt is the best bang for the buck out there. Cmc if you want a single stage drop in. There are more expensive option too.

Comment

X2 on the larue. You can't beat it for the price.

Comment

AR Trigger question

Don’t waste your time with spring kits or polishing a milspec trigger. Toss it in the trash where it belongs and buy a quality trigger.

Larue is solid for the price. Geissele or TriggerTech if you want the best. I don’t like CMCs.

Might be more than you want to spend, but I’ve got a Triggertech Diamond in the classifieds if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Raider4044; 03-27-2023, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Geissele SSA has always been my go to and i love them but in the last few years started running the LaRue MBT trigger and feels about the same for half the price.

LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger by Larue - Details, specs, manuals, images & videos, read the latest reviews or write your own

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
              I used the drop in and it was super easy. I put in a CMC 2.5 flat and love it.
              I have two Giessele adjustable match trugger they are much better than any Mil spec trigger. As good as they are, I still replaced the springs with some lighter Wolf springs. They are pretty dang nice, now. Then I bought a Hiperfire trigger, it is much better than I expected, it’s not bad. Some what complex, but works great.

But my last trigger, is a flat CMC 2.5 lb. trigger. I highly recommend that trigger, much easier to install, not all the work to install, then adjust like the Giessele. For someone that does not have a lot of experience working on guns, the CMC, is a much better choice, even if you do, the CMC, is still a lot quicker easier. Really I like the CMC, possibly more than the Giessele triggers. I plan on buying multiple more of those same CMC triggers for my other builds.

I won’t say they are the best, I have not tried everything out there. A buddy has a ELF brand trigger that’s pretty nice. Then I have tried an AR Gold trigger once, that’s an impressive trigger, it’s been a while, but that one may be better than the CMC. The CMC, is definitely cheaper, fixed weight. The AR Gold can be bought as a fixed weight trigger or adjustable. For the money, the CMC 2.5 lb, flat trigger is hard to beat. I want to say that AR Gold is likely the best AR trigger I have ever tried.

Comment

Triggertech and CMC were super easy and awesome triggers for me.

I had a weird issue with the LaRue MBT. After waiting 11 months for it to ship I slapped it in and went to work, rounds wouldn't cycle as the bolt wouldn't come back all the way and in fact wasn't even close. I happened to have another AR with me that day, swapped parts all over between the two and the problem always followed the MBT trigger with both guns. I have no idea how a freaking trigger would cause that but it did. I emailed LaRue and asked if I should do anything with buffers or springs and they said no it wouldn't help and just refunded me. The next week that AR got a CMC and everything worked as it should.

Comment

Im a fan of the CMC flats. But that being said im quickly becoming a fan of the Triggertechs.

But for an upgrade from milspec its hard to go wrong with anybodys aftermarket.

Timney aint bad either.

Comment

Thanks!! Ordered a LaRue this afternoon.

Comment

I dropped Geiselle SSP Flat trigger in a rifle today. Probably the my favorite AR trigger I’ve tried to date. However for the price I’ve been happy with Geiselle G2S and SSA triggers. However I usually snag them used and cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                        I dropped Geiselle SSP Flat trigger in a rifle today. Probably the my favorite AR trigger I’ve tried to date. However for the price I’ve been happy with Geiselle G2S and SSA triggers. However I usually snag them used and cheap.
                        This. You can find regularly find used and blem Geissele triggers. I like the SSA-E, but they have a flavor for everyone.

Comment

for hunting , my go to used to be rock river 2 stage .. but i like to pre-load to the wall for precision headshots on hogs.. i used to get them for $60 to $80 back in the day.. i have a few geiselle , one of them tends to double to triple sometimes , i had to move it to another lower. mostly on the bench when trying to squeeze it slow for precision shots ... if you yanked it on drills it worked fine.
                          it was on a pws 12.5" factory sbr piston gun , it was single stage .. 2 stage geiselle never been a problem.

Comment

Swapping triggers is a great and easy upgrade for any AR with a "Battle Trigger".

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
                              Thanks!! Ordered a LaRue this afternoon.
                              You'll like that trigger.

Comment

Working...
                              X