Wife Wants to get a Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife Wants to get a Bow

Like the subject says my wife has approached me a few times in the past months stating how she wants to get into archery and maybe bowhunting. I want to look for a used bow, she doesn't need anything fancy. I reckon the first thing I need to do is measure her draw length. Anything else that needs to come into consideration? What poundage should I be looking at? We just moved to the Decatur area but also frequent Granbury and Wichita Falls, any bow shops with a good used inventory nearby?
    Personally the only bow I've ever had is a Diamond Carbon Cure, it has treated me well so I still shoot it to this day. That being said I have next to no experience in the bow buying dept.
    She wants to practice with me and then maybe I'll put her on a few pigs to see if she wants to bow hunt. She currently thinks deer hunting is boring but loves duck and dove hunting lol.

Have a brand new, still in box women's 3 finger release

What I paid for it and I will absorb shipping to get it to you

PM if interested

Comment

You won't find much used inventory. You'll find far more of that here on TBH than anywhere else. That said, a good archery shop can get her setup to where she has a chance to really enjoy it. Take it from me, having a wife that loves bowhunting as much as me is just way too cool.

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
        Have a brand new, still in box women's 3 finger release

What I paid for it and I will absorb shipping to get it to you

PM if interested

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=804418
        I have a couple extra releases, if they don't work for her and yours is still for sale I'll definitely send you a message!

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
          You won't find much used inventory. You'll find far more of that here on TBH than anywhere else. That said, a good archery shop can get her setup to where she has a chance to really enjoy it. Take it from me, having a wife that loves bowhunting as much as me is just way too cool.
          I bet she will be a better shot than me before too long lol!

Comment

Working...
          X