Anyone with a Wraith use the Coyote Cannon 950nm IR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with a Wraith use the Coyote Cannon 950nm IR

If so what type of range are you getting out of it?

I used this combo last night. I was unimpressed to say the least.

I had to have the light zoomed all the way in. I messed with the alignment of the light with the target and couldn’t tell if I was looking a pigs or deer a 390 yards. I know it was 390 yds cause I ranged the tree this am. The tree was behind where they were last night.

Few weeks back I was able ID deer further than that with the stock IR

No I’m not planning on shooting that far with this setup.

Am I expecting too much from the equipment?

My goal is to be able to ID to stalk pigs not deer at night

I use the Coyote Cannon with mine except with the 840 IR. It’s crazy bright. I can ID easily past 600 yards. It doesn’t even compare to the stock IR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use the Coyote Cannon with the 840 IR and my Wraith. It reaches out to 500 yards easily. The stock IR just wasn't enough for me.

Comment

So to guys have it mounted in to it the Wraith?

When I zoom to flood my scope gets washed out.

I've got a 5 minute video I'll upload later. I was going to do it now, but forgot my card reader @ camp.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
        Last edited by Pushbutton2; 12-28-2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I’m curious on this as well. Recently bought the photon on the academy sale and was wanting to upgrade IR. This might be a really dumb question, but will an additional IR light be more visible to animals or people for that matter? The one on it currently you I can’t visibly see the IR coming off it.

Comment

I have my Coyote Cannon mounted to the barrel of my AR and the Wraith on top of the gun. Works great!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterdan View Post
              I have my Coyote Cannon mounted to the barrel of my AR and the Wraith on top of the gun. Works great!
              Can you post a picture?

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	47A73E03-AA83-41E2-8A8F-36D54377A12E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	24604095

I can can Identify deer at 8-900 easy

Comment

No experience with either but we’re u hunting during similar moonlight conditions?

Comment

Originally posted by Grulla View Post
                    [ATTACH]986303[/ATTACH]

I can can Identify deer at 8-900 easy
                    Do you hunny from a ground bind?
                    I tried that setup with my 66LRX and I had to stick the rifle out the window and I was unable to get to the dimmer switch on the light or the focus

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                      Do you hunny from a ground bind?
                      I tried that setup with my 66LRX and I had to stick the rifle out the window and I was unable to get to the dimmer switch on the light or the focus

I have hunted out of blinds but not ground blinds . I mainly hunt spot stalk pigs with it . I’ve been very impressed with the wraith , I had a couple different photons and the wraith is head and shoulders better IMO.

Comment

Waiting on my Wraith should be in Monday...

Comment

Fptv10 coupon code for your purchase at sniperhawglights.com. No hunting light beats the cannon

Comment

Originally posted by LloydMcCoy View Post
                            Fptv10 coupon code for your purchase at sniperhawglights.com. No hunting light beats the cannon

[emoji1303]
                            I have the Cannon with the 940nm bulb.
                            I haven't quite mastered it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ipanic2 View Post
                              Waiting on my Wraith should be in Monday...
                              Did it come in?

Had a chance to use it yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X