That time of year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That time of year

It has been many summers I have used the lawn mower, but at the end of last Summer it died. I was wondering what everyone was using? I like the big back wheels and the size of the deck that will fit through a normal sized gate.

I am to cheap to buy the consumers reports so if someone could post the top rated mower that would be great. I don't have acres to cut, but I would like for it to have some power. I have seen my neighbor cutting his yard for two years in a row with a electric mower and i just cannot make myself do it. I like the loud mower that cranks on the first or second pull and wakes the other neighbors up. J/K but I am not kidding about the electric mower

Thanks

Chad

Cub cadet makes a good push mower in my opinion and won't break the bank. I have been using the one from tractor supply that has broadcasters on the front, has plenty of power and can mulch, bag or side discharge.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Bone View Post
      Cub cadet makes a good push mower in my opinion and won't break the bank. I have been using the one from tractor supply that has broadcasters on the front, has plenty of power and can mulch, bag or side discharge.
      Thanks for the reply. That is also what I am looking for. Something that if I want to bag it I can, But to tell you the truth I will only bag it a couple times during the season the rest of the time I will want to mulch it and send it right back where it came from. I am also looking for a good blade. I know you can just sharpen the one you have, but why make more work for myself. And I am pretty OCD when the yard is done edged, trimmed, blown and I kook back to see the few stragglers the mower did not catch. Maybe it is me but i hate those little things. I Know if you mow to early and the grass is still wet from the morning dew it can cause this as well.

Comment

Hello? Is thgis thing on on are what? No one mowes their own grass anymore?
        Last edited by ckuehl; 02-22-2014, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Hey, nobody wants to think about mowing their yard yet!

Mines dead! Just the way I like it.

Comment

The push behind Toro is pretty darn good. I have had mine for over 10 years. I believe they even make a 30 inch cut now.

Comment

I have two Husqvarna mowers. A push mower for my wife and a riding mower for me. They have performed well. It's what our local dealer sells. I buy from them because they will service them. You might pay a few bucks more but it's worth it to me.

Comment

At least a 5hp engine, make sure you check out what the engine is, i bought a Snapper self push 8hp lasted less than 5 years found out it was a Brigs Stranton Alum block. Went and bought a used Montgomery wards at a garage sale temp use and 3 years later still working.
                Dig deep buy a Honda Self Propelled last u a life tme

Comment

If yo go zero turn the big stores do not service them. I also bought my zero turn from local john Deere guy because of the service.

Comment

I love my snapper. Over 30 years old and going strong.

Comment

Thanks guys. I was looking at these Husqvarna mowers just yesterday.They look pretty sharp and the price is not too bad. Do yours have the front end assist?

Chad

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndadio View Post
                        Hey, nobody wants to think about mowing their yard yet!

Mines dead! Just the way I like it.
                        It is just a matter of time Jeff.

Comment

I own a Honda and it is great. Floor it and it pulls wheelies.........

Comment

Honda, I've been using the same machine since 2005, starts on first pull.

Comment

My mower runs great. It's a local Mexican guy that charges $25 every 2 weeks. He does my yard in about 45mins with his zero turn. He weed eats and blows the driveway off. Even rinses off the cars when he's done. If i do it, it takes me about 2hrs. So it's worth the money.

Comment

Working...
                              X