Help - Powerwashing Limestone Walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Powerwashing Limestone Walls

I’m hoping some of you might have tips for cleaning limestone walls. We’re wrapping up our house construction and got some clay/dirt backsplash on the white limestone walls. Hopefully gutters, a stone skirt, and sod will prevent that moving forward.

Should I power wash it, or are there soft wash techniques with some sort of bleach water mixture? I’m worried powerwashing will leave streaks.

I’ve wire brushed some small spots and that works great, but would take a long time to do the whole house. You can see in the pic below where I wire brushed the left side of the stone. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerwasher

Comment

For what you describe just pressure wash. I have mildew issues in some areas and hit that with bleach prior to power wash

Comment

Hit with bleach and let sit then power wash

Comment

Don’t use a power washer on soft stone like limestone.
          A bucket and scrub brush with soap will remove dirt and mud.
          The brush and bucket with a diluted bleach mixture will remove algae and tree sap.
          If it’s mortar that you are trying to remove use a diluted Vanatrol mixture. 10-15% at the most.

Don’t use any muratic acid , it gets In porous stone and continues to eat it away even when you rinse it well.

Comment

Used this on our patio a couple of weeks ago: https://www.lowes.com/pd/30-SECONDS-...ner/5013150901

Worked very well. Mixed it in a pump sprayer. Wet the concrete 1st, then sprayed the solution on the concrete and let it sit for a few minutes then power washed it off.

Comment

Yep have power washed several limestone houses and walls. Power wash will not hurt it. A little bleach and soap mix sprayed on pre wash won’t hurt either. And there are expensive but good limestone sealers to finish it off as well

Comment

One restore. Wet, spray on, let set then pressure wash off.

Comment

Appreciate the info fellas!

Comment

In for any additional tips.

What if the try the solution and pressure wash but the mold doesnt come out of the mortar or stone? Do I need to let it soak and scrub it in with a brush?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Soft wash it with a sodium hypochlorite/water mixture, then rinse really well with your garden hose. I wouldn't put pressure on it.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                        One restore. Wet, spray on, let set then pressure wash off.
                        One Restore is a good option as well.

Comment

I pressure wash mine about once a year for the last 10 years. No problem at all pressure washing limestone

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X