Bucks N Birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucks N Birds

I live in the Bulverde area and usually find myself going to Guadalupe River State Park. Got a couple of bucks heading towards the park, Caracara and Green Kingfisher.[IMG]
    HTML Code:
    https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/album.php?albumid=4396&pictureid=27309
    [/IMG]
    Attached Files

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Thanks for sharing your shots. If you like those Kingfishers, you out to look up Whistling Wings Photography on Youtube and watch his channel. He lives in Florida and specifically focuses on birds in flight and has some pretty amazing photos and video of the Kingfisher using the Canon R5.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
        Thanks for sharing your shots. If you like those Kingfishers, you out to look up Whistling Wings Photography on Youtube and watch his channel. He lives in Florida and specifically focuses on birds in flight and has some pretty amazing photos and video of the Kingfisher using the Canon R5.
        Thank you, I checked out his FB page. Pretty amazing shots, The R5 has an awesome tracking system. I currently shoot a 6d Mkii and 7d Mkii. Hopefully one day I can afford to move over to mirrorless. I just hate to part with some of my gear. I actually try to photograph everything but people.

Comment

Great pics, thanks for posting up!!

Comment

Nice shots!

Comment

Nice work. I very much enjoy Guadalupe River SP. They have a very nice, well designed bird blind there and I think I heard they have added a second one. I have never had a chance at the green kingfisher would love the opportunity.

Check out the "Birds of Texas" and "Texas Birds and Wildlife" groups if you are on Facebook.

I used to shoot the bodies you have now except my 6D was first gen. I really loved both of those bodies and the L glass I had but the weight of my main lens finally got to me. I switched to Sony and mirrorless in 2018 from Canon due to the weight factor. Mid 60s cancer survivor and diabetic takes a toll on ones strength. Sony was the main mirrorless game at the time so... If Canon had mirrorless I likely would have stuck with it. If you are happy with your current equipment, continue to shoot it until you're not. The mirrorless game seems to move faster than the DSLR ever did.

Anyway good luck with whatever you do and continued good shooting to you.

Comment

Thank everyone for the kind words.

Comment

Great pics!

Comment

Awesome work! birds are beautiful

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Wow, beautiful pics!

Comment

wow! Thanks for sharing!