2021 Formula 1 Season!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
    Perez was so close to Bottas at the end of the race. If he only had another lap or two.

It was a shame about Russell’s car. He stood a really good chance of scoring points.

Ricciardo needs to pick up his pace and start finishing closer to Norris if they’re going to beat Ferrari for third place in the WCC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Ricciardo needs to pick up his pace if he wants to keep his seat as a premier driver. Norris has really been showing him up and if he hadn't pulled back would had tried to stay in the hunt with Hamilton in the front of the race. Stroll continues to impress me as a mid pack driver/car and is consistently doing better than Vettel.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
      Ricciardo needs to pick up his pace if he wants to keep his seat as a premier driver. Norris has really been showing him up and if he hadn't pulled back would had tried to stay in the hunt with Hamilton in the front of the race. Stroll continues to impress me as a mid pack driver/car and is consistently doing better than Vettel.

I agree with all of this!

I too felt bad for Russell… I read a few articles about him possibly replacing Bottas at Mercedes next year. I don’t know how reliable they are though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I expect to see Russell at Mercedes within a few years.

I agree about Stroll. I’ve been impressed with him this year, and even last year. He’s growing into the role nicely.

Comment

I expect to see Russell at Mercedes within a few years.

I expect this sooner rather than later. Bottas looks frustrated and Russell is really fast when he has decent equipment.
          My man Alonso was sporty yesterday- tough break for Gasly right at the start.
          Will be interesting to see how Mercedes reacts this weekend after Max handed it to them yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
            I expect this sooner rather than later. Bottas looks frustrated and Russell is really fast when he has decent equipment.
            My man Alonso was sporty yesterday- tough break for Gasly right at the start.
            Will be interesting to see how Mercedes reacts this weekend after Max handed it to them yesterday.
            I was really shocked that they didn't find any fault in LecLerc for the incident with Gasly and then when he did more or less the same thing to Räikkönen I though surely they would give him a time penalty. As much as I don't care for Ferrari right now, their drivers drove the wheels off last weekend and LecLerc.

Comment

2021 Formula 1 Season!!!

I watched the race yesterday because there was nothing else on, and that was the most boring race I’ve ever seen. Absolutely awful.

I took my son to Boyd Raceway dirt track Friday night, and the I-Stock heat race was more intriguing than anything F1 had to offer yesterday.

Those announcers were losing their mind on the last lap, while the leader was 30 seconds ahead of 2nd, and it was 10 seconds or so behind that to 3rd. I don’t remember any close race for a spot in the top 10.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 06-28-2021, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                I watched the race yesterday because there was nothing else on, and that was the most boring race I’ve ever seen. Absolutely awful.

I took my son to Boyd Raceway dirt track Friday night, and the I-Stock heat race was more intriguing than anything F1 had to offer yesterday.

Those announcers were losing their mind on the last lap, while the leader was 30 seconds ahead of 2nd, and it was 10 seconds or so behind that to 3rd. I don’t remember any close race for a spot in the top 10.

Well the intriguing part, if you want to call it that, was that 1st place beat 2nd by the largest margin ever recorded on that track. Verstappen was only 30s up because Hamilton pitted to grab new tires with one lap remaining to see if he could get the fasted lap which he did. In F1, if you have the fastest lap and finish in the top 10 you receive a bonus point so Lewis picked up an additional point even though the leader added 15s to his lead. After Max jumped so soundly into the pole position, the race got pretty boring. If Gasly had been in the mix and Checo's pit had gone better I think there would have been more to watch in the 2-6 positions. For me F1 is more strategy and points based that other forms of racing and sometimes that makes it a little boring. The French Grans Prix is usually the boring one and it turned out to be quite the race.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Fair point. Definitely more strategic racing than other forms and only 2-3 teams have a real shot to win but the technology, speed and skill of the drivers is highest in the world. And when it goes wrong, it can REALLY go wrong.
                  NASCAR for me has become unwatchable. Those cookie-cutter tracks are nap inducing and very little strategy comes into play most races. And I hate the manufactured cautions.
                  Now Eldora this past wknd was pretty cool tho!

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                    Fair point. Definitely more strategic racing than other forms and only 2-3 teams have a real shot to win but the technology, speed and skill of the drivers is highest in the world. And when it goes wrong, it can REALLY go wrong.
                    NASCAR for me has become unwatchable. Those cookie-cutter tracks are nap inducing and very little strategy comes into play most races. And I hate the manufactured cautions.
                    Now Eldora this past wknd was pretty cool tho!
                    We had a Paddock box for the COTA race and that was really fun to watch. I would like to do a super speedway eventually but for me, F1 is far more enjoyable but I follow closely enough to know the issues the teams are struggling with and watch race to race to see their changes to become more competitive and from that perspective you can watch the drama unfold. Its a very high stakes game with a lot to learn and take in. Tsunoda seems to be finding his groove and after listening to his interview on Shift (i think) I have a bit more appreciation for him. Very young driver trying to knock the jitters and get comfortable in his seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                      We had a Paddock box for the COTA race and that was really fun to watch. I would like to do a super speedway eventually but for me, F1 is far more enjoyable but I follow closely enough to know the issues the teams are struggling with and watch race to race to see their changes to become more competitive and from that perspective you can watch the drama unfold. Its a very high stakes game with a lot to learn and take in. Tsunoda seems to be finding his groove and after listening to his interview on Shift (i think) I have a bit more appreciation for him. Very young driver trying to knock the jitters and get comfortable in his seat.

Yes, that was a great interview with Yuki! I didn’t realize that he’s quite the foodie.

Comment

Yes, that was a great interview with Yuki! I didn’t realize that he’s quite the foodie.

Ha every answer about life involved food! I didn’t realize he was so young. Born in 2000.

Comment

@Landrover - is the Miami raced 100% settled and a done deal? I heard reference to it this week from some ex-NASCAR drivers that they believed it was still somewhat speculative.

Comment

Qualifying was very interesting. Great job Verstappen and Norris for P1 and P2! Should be a great start tomorrow. I hope Lando stays in the fight this time, unlike last week where he let the MB and RB car pass him near the beginning of the race.

I’ve read there may be penalties handed out to drivers regarding excessive slowing in turns 9 & 10.

Comment

Interesting article. Maybe Russell will be Hamilton’s teammate sooner than I thought.

Mercedes intend to choose Lewis Hamilton's team mate for 2022 during the summer, team principal Toto Wolff has confirmed.

BTW, Hamilton extended his contract with Mercedes for another two years (through 2023).

Comment

Same track as last week? Meh no thanks, rather watch stock cars at road america or even Indy at Mid ohio

Comment

Working...
                                X