Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-14-2019, 10:24 PM   #51
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

I did prank someone at camp, but it didn't ruin his hunt.

Had a hunter who's boots had gotten wet. He set them on the rocks at the edge of the campfire to dry. He left them there overnight. After he went to sleep I took an old pair of boots I had and cut the bottoms out of them. I placed just the bottom soles where his boots had been. We got up the next morning thinking his boots had burned up. I let him think it for a bit then gave him his boots.
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 12:48 AM   #52
No-Tox
Six Point

Hunt In: Ellis County

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
I did prank someone at camp, but it didn't ruin his hunt.

Had a hunter who's boots had gotten wet. He set them on the rocks at the edge of the campfire to dry. He left them there overnight. After he went to sleep I took an old pair of boots I had and cut the bottoms out of them. I placed just the bottom soles where his boots had been. We got up the next morning thinking his boots had burned up. I let him think it for a bit then gave him his boots.
Now that's creative.
No-Tox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 08:49 AM   #53
UrbanBuck
Eight Point

Hunt In: DCNF, SHNF, CROCKETT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Some of y'all just ain't right. Too much time and money goes into deer hunting for some of these "pranks."
excactly no wonder ya'll aint killing deer. I'm all for pranks, but not when it messes up someones actual hunt...not cool
UrbanBuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 09:31 AM   #54
Patton
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Edwards, Hays, Caldwell

I’ve added my snacks/water/rocks into friends packs and then later ask them at the top of the mountain/bluff to have them back- thanks for carrying the extra weight up the ridge!
Patton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 10:41 AM   #55
whitecrow
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeed View Post
Superglue a rattlesnake tail to an ole timey alarm clock & set it for 3AM in a buddy's bedroom. People 5 counties over will hear the screamin' & hollerin'
Just make sure the victim doesn't have a pistol handy........
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 11:22 AM   #56
SaintBlaise
Six Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings, TX

Right before taking the hunters out in a van that would seat up to 10. They would ask the new guy, and typically a city slicker, to fill up the tires with air. Graciously wanting to fit in, he would be very willing to help. So, the loaded van would back up to the air compressor, the nubie would attempt to fill the tires. However, the tires were solid, and the stem was only there for show. Funny every time.
SaintBlaise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 12:04 PM   #57
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
My granddaughter and I were driving the 5 hours to our Hill Country lease one afternoon when she looked at her phone and said “uncle Jeff is hunting the fence stand right now.” And she showed me on her phone on a “find friends” ap. I grinned and told her to call him.
“Hey Jeff., I said. “Alissa has this new ap on her phone that shows real time locations. This thing is neat. We can see the stand you are in and there are several deer approaching the stand from behind you. Get ready. One has horns.” And I hung up. Of course we couldn’t see deer but he thought we could and craned his neck and got excited. His response when We saw him later was, “Arseholes.”
Roflmao!!
Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 12:17 PM   #58
breederbuck33
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearchunker View Post
Advanced all clocks and woke up a guy around 2 am. Sent to stand and we all went back to sleep.
He was a DB.
Haven't seen him in years..
I heard of people doing this when I was a kid, and I was always terrified it would happen to me!
breederbuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 01:03 PM   #59
Buck_jane
Four Point

Hunt In: Fayette

Hahaha. I'm getting some good ideas off this. Keep them coming
Buck_jane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 01:18 PM   #60
sahunter
Four Point

Tagged
sahunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 01:26 PM   #61
SeaSpray
Four Point

Hunt In: South Texas

I helped put on a large quail hunt one year. I and two other guys with me that were also the designated quail cleaners. We all had our own spots at the cleaning counter and we each had our own bucket of birds to clean.

I killed a rattlesnake a few months prior to this hunt just for this prank... I put that dead rattlesnake at the bottom of my buddies bucket and put the quail on top of it. I figured he would reach in for one bird at a time and eventually feel the snake… NOPE he decided to dump his entire bucket of birds on the counter and that snake was right on top and looked as real as it gets.

It freaked me out and I was the one who did the prank! Ha ha ha I’m still waiting on my payback. It was defiantly a heart stopping moment.
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 01:41 PM   #62
Preacher Man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jasper Co.

Years ago I took a friend of mine, who had no idea about anything outdoors, up to my place in ETX. He was also one of those guys who loved to brag and make up all kinds of junk that everybody else knew wasn't true. But we put up with it because it really was amusing.

During the car ride up there, me and my other buddies set in to convincing him that bears were making a come back in that part of Texas.

At dusk the next evening, I asked him to go with me down to a pond in the woods. He agreed. So we left on foot. My other buddies followed us and dropped off the trail before they got to the pond.

On our way back, the "bears" started making a bunch of noise in the woods just out of sight.

This guy started out walking on my left side, cue the noise, and before I knew it, he was behind me on my right side with his hand on my shoulder practically tap dancing he was so scared. He had put me in between himself and the "bears".

I only let it go on for about 30 seconds before I died laughing and the guys came running out of the woods.

He hasn't been back.
Preacher Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 01:55 PM   #63
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Open to Offers

Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeed View Post
Superglue a rattlesnake tail to an ole timey alarm clock & set it for 3AM in a buddy's bedroom. People 5 counties over will hear the screamin' & hollerin'
I just ordered a rattle snake tail off E-bay and a old alarm clock. Total cost, $43.68. Getting to see my brother break the land speed record, PRICELESS.
Hoggslayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 02:33 PM   #64
ArcheryAddict
Ten Point

Hunt In: McCulloch County

ArcheryAddict is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 03:15 PM   #65
Thayden2
Four Point

Not while hunting, but had a buddy back in school that wanted to start a prank war. It ended when I put two packs of clear jello in his toilet, let it set up, then sprayed a little more water on top of it making it look as though it was just regular toilet water. He wasn't happy when he realized the only way to get it out is to dig it out after using it...
Thayden2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 03:36 PM   #66
rosco11
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings

These are great!

Sent from my nautilus using Tapatalk
rosco11 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 03:40 PM   #67
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Best one I heard was a taped up compressed air horn to the deer blind office chair...imagine sneaking at dark & having one of those go off inside a closed blind as you ease into your sit!!
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 03:42 PM   #68
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayden2 View Post
Not while hunting, but had a buddy back in school that wanted to start a prank war. It ended when I put two packs of clear jello in his toilet, let it set up, then sprayed a little more water on top of it making it look as though it was just regular toilet water. He wasn't happy when he realized the only way to get it out is to dig it out after using it...
That ain’t right. But that’s funny!
texasdeerhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 03:57 PM   #69
breederbuck33
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayden2 View Post
This sounds like a good prank to do at work!
breederbuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2019, 08:39 PM   #70
Thayden2
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
That ain’t right. But that’s funny!
He was p*****ssed. No pun intended
Old 08-15-2019, 08:39 PM   #71
Thayden2
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by breederbuck33 View Post
This sounds like a good prank to do at work!
Depends on what’s in the bowl and who has to clean it
Old 08-15-2019, 09:26 PM   #72
hopedale
Ten Point

Hunt In: WMAs

We had a funny looking horn. It was round in shape and the sound would go in your face.

Thus, we'd put baby powder in the horn and it sat under a sign - "Turkey call"

It was there for Guest and New Members.

Like clock work, someone would always pick it up and blow it. The baby powder went everywhere.

Good times.
hopedale is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM   #73
JANKEII
Four Point

Hunt In: Gatesville

TTT
Love reading this stuff... FUNNY!!!
JANKEII is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM   #74
Thayden2
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANKEII View Post
TTT
Love reading this stuff... FUNNY!!!
Ok, so here’s another fun one. It involves the toilet paper in the rest room and a sharpie/pen. Roll out some of the TP. Now grab your sharpie/pen and draw (don’t forget to color in) a spider. Next, roll the TP back to where the “spider” is hidden between the roll and the wall, but there still enough TP to just grab and pull. Now wait for your buddy/wife/kids to go in and pull the TP. Just don’t forget you’ve set this up...
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM   #75
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fling em View Post
Somebody on our lease wired a guys horn up to his road feeder switch so as soon as he turned on the feeder, the horn would start blowing.
I never heard what the outcome was.
I'm doing this to the neighbors feeder

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top