No announcement yet.

Learning guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agree 100% with youtube, I wish it was a thing when I started playing.

Once you get the feel of what the basic chords are -- download or go to:

Your #1 source for chords, guitar tabs, bass tabs, ukulele chords, guitar pro and power tabs. Comprehensive tabs archive with over 1,100,000 tabs! Tabs search engine, guitar lessons, gear reviews, rock news and forums!

great place to learn to play some tunes from -- I downloaded and paid for the app on my phone many years ago and its a go to for me for stuff I have forgotten or songs i can't figure out by ear.

Acoustic guitar is where most people start, but after playing for 16 years I don't know if I would ever pick up an acoustic if there was an electric in the room. Easier to play and you can make much cooler sounds.

Hope it works out for ya bud!

Comment

The best way for me is YouTube and ultimateguitar.com with a lot of practice and if you can find a buddy who plays it will help to keep you inspired.

Comment

After you learn the chords and songs you want, learn to play "in time". Either play with other people, a drummer would be great, or with a metronome.

Comment

Agree with Youtube, getting a tuner, for learning chords and even some songs (later on), I like the app "Tabs." Lots of info on there. Also agree with not putting the guitar in a case; leave it out and practice a little everyday. Chord progression (1,4,5) will help you learn how a lot of music is made of chords.

Comment

justin guitar.com

Comment

Working...
            X