Moved to Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved to Virginia

As the title says, moved from the great state of Texas to Virginia. Job was too good to pass up. Any thoughts/advice as to hunting in Virginia? Probably will be going with public land for the first year or so.

Where in Virginia? Go take the bow cert course at Quantico and hunt the Golf Course on base. I lived there 20YRS ago and loved to hunt there seeing giant deer.

Comment

Alexandria area. Quantico is at the top of my list. Thanks!

Comment

Have you looked into the recent political climate? Any concerns there? Seems like a "Hope your ready to lose all your guns in a boat accident or in confiscation" situation lol.. Things seems to be getting serious over there.

Comment

Isn't that the state that is taking all the guns because of how you can hold them, or the magazine is too big or something like that?

Good luck, hope you are skilled with an adeladle. That will be about all you are allowed to hunt with.

Comment

You wont be able to before to long. Keep the bow skillz up.

Comment

I worked in VA for a year. Didn’t hunt there but the fishing was awesome.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. I lived in Norfolk while in Navy and hated it. Granted Norfolk is probably the ****hole of VA, but still. Never cared for it and the stupid common wealth laws.

Comment

Believe me, I’d move back to Texas in a heartbeat. But for now, the job is too good to not suffer a little. So I have to make do with what I got. As long as they don’t ban my bow, should be fine to hunt.

Comment

Hope you don't like owning an AR.

In a raucous session on Tuesday, the Virginia House of Delegates passed gun-control legislation that would ban the sale of certain semi-automatic rifles and make the possession of magazines holding more than twelve rounds a felony.The House voted to approve the legislation 51–48, with all Republicans and some Democrats voting against. Capitol police removed gun-rights supporters from the chamber due for the manner in which they protested the bill's passage.The bill would require any owner of a semi-automatic rifle it classifies as an “assault weapon,“ including AR-15 rifles, to register the weapon with government authorities by 2021. It would also make magazines of over twelve rounds and silencers illegal. It will now head to the state Senate, where previous legislation that would have enacted an “assault weapons” ban failed to get out committee.Democrats in November won control of both houses of the state legislature for the first time since 1994. In concert with Democratic governor Ralph Northam, state lawmakers are attempting to pass a flurry of liberal-leaning laws on gun control, abortion, and other issues. The Washington Post on Tuesday noted that Democrats have introduced so much legislation after years out of power that the legislature has been working late-night hours trying to process the backlog. Democrats have also struggled to take control of the legislative process due to their inexperience holding power.

Comment

Good luck to you.

Comment

Don't overlook Maryland, especially for bow. Season opens in early September, and they shoot some great bucks every year. Not all on the Eastern Shore, either.

Comment

Side note,

Is it Virgina or Maryland that has the draw hunts for the Sika deer?

That'll be one worth looking into

Comment

Hope you don't own guns. As mentioned above. Keep your bow skills up.

Comment

Don’t worry about my guns, they were bought in Texas, so they “identify” as Texans not Virginians. Hahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X