2020 APR Customer Supplied Action TBH Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    Wait you talking about the black carbon steel vs stainless action right?
    Yes, thanks, that was my question.

Comment

280 AI in the Maverick for me

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
        Yes, thanks, that was my question.

I’ll second his answer. You’re not getting that much more for your money with stainless. I’ve run plenty of 700 actions over the years (non of which were stainless) that were cerakoted and had zero issues with corrosion.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I've got a long action Rem 700 for the build. Thinking about 6.5 Swede. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by kdenhead View Post
            I've got a long action Rem 700 for the build. Thinking about 6.5 Swede. Thoughts?
            I thought about either the 6.5swedemoor or a 25-06ai gotta talk to someone see if the have a reamer for the 131’s

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
              I thought about either the 6.5swedemoor or a 25-06ai gotta talk to someone see if the have a reamer for the 131’s

They have a couple reamers for the 131s just not positive on a 25-06ai.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Robert- How much would yall charge to install a WTO Switch Lug on the Ranger package? Kinda wanting a switch rifle in .22 Creedmoor

Comment

Found a donor action. Hopefully I’m one of the lucky callers on Tuesday before they run out. Kinda feels like the old days of waiting for a Black Friday deal at the store and hoping they still had what you wanted in stock by the time you got in. Otherwise I just have a 700 action sitting in the safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kdenhead View Post
                    great when twisted right

Comment

Originally posted by ATXArcher View Post
                      Found a donor action. Hopefully I’m one of the lucky callers on Tuesday before they run out. Kinda feels like the old days of waiting for a Black Friday deal at the store and hoping they still had what you wanted in stock by the time you got in. Otherwise I just have a 700 action sitting in the safe!

I also hope to get a chance at this offer since this is going to be my first custom and hope I don't get bump by someone that just creates an account on this forum to take advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
                        I also hope to get a chance at this offer since this is going to be my first custom and hope I don't get bump by someone that just creates an account on this forum to take advantage of it.

Figured worst case I’ll buy a stock and have them just build anyway. Needless to say the phones will be ringing Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
                          There isn't a 25/06AI reamer for the 131-- at least not offered through Blackjack- they only offer 6 cartridge choices-- 25×47, 25 Creed, 25×284, 257 WBY, 25 PRC, 25 SAUM. I know at least one guy has bought his own for 25SST and I had to buy my own for the 257wby.

Your only option would be to either have a reamer custom ground for you or have them chamber with whatever 25/06ai reamer they might have and then throat ream separately to that specific bullet (which they don't like to do).

If you are gonna run it in a long action, standard bolt face you would be better off running a 25x284 and using high quality 6.5x284 brass and just buy then re-sell the reamer.

Comment

Come on Tuesday. The anticipation is a killer.

Comment

Apr continues to go out of their way to provide economical solutions to meet everyone’s need. The amount of time and effort that they put into coordination of these specials in and of itself is a huge cost in time for them. Thanks for taking the time Robert and team.

Comment

Just thinking out loud for us lefties here........but what if we already had our own stock. Could we get in on the rest of the deal?

Comment

Working...
                                X