Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****'s

From WSJ:
    "Dick’s has struggled with declining sales since its CEO Ed Stack made a public decision to stop selling guns to buyers under 21 and take assault-style weapons out of all stores after a fatal school shooting in Parkland, Fla. Dick’s is also working to stem sluggish sales as more shoppers buy sporting goods online.

Since then sales at Dick’s have declined, despite a strong U.S. economy and consumer spending, Mr. Stack has blamed much of the decline on its stance on guns, saying some gun enthusiasts have stopped shopping at the chain."

Really, imagine that. Stockholders need to remove this guy from their shelves.

Personally, I haven't stepped foot in one since they changed their policy. Didn't go all that often before as they were usually overpriced, but that solidified it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bigt6450 View Post
      Personally, I haven't stepped foot in one since they changed their policy. Didn't go all that often before as they were usually overpriced, but that solidified it for me.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^ barley went in there myself, but after raising the age of guns and ammo never went back in.

Comment

ain't nuthin' in that store I need bad enough to support its policy and attitude...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          ain't nuthin' in that store I need bad enough to support its policy and attitude...
          ^^^this^^^

Nuff said

Comment

^^^^ This ^^^^ I can buy all the black guns I want from myself, I have never stepped foot in that store anyway !!

Comment

Overpriced, glad to see amazon put them out of business.

Comment

Shopped there maybe twice a year before their gun stance came out, since then I haven't been back inside one.

Comment

Never could bring myself to go because of the name. I don't want no part of it.

Comment

Vote with your money!

Comment

Not possible. I was told boycotts don’t work.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        Not possible. I was told boycotts don’t work.
                        The effective degree of the boycott always depends on the convenience (or inconvenience) of those claiming to boycott.

Comment

Academy should take a hard look at how and why this went down

Comment

I thought this was very interesting, and also timely:

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                              Academy should take a hard look at how and why this went down
                              X2 and well said

Comment

Working...
                              X