Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-09-2019, 02:27 AM   #1
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County
Default Fastest you have been pulled over with a warning?

Got pulled over this afternoon doing 92 in a 65.
He took a while and walked back to the car and I told the wife awww F Iím getting a ticket. He said 92 in a 65 is a crime so slow down and hereís a warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Black Ice; 03-09-2019 at 02:35 AM.
Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 02:37 AM   #2
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

92 in a 65 and you got a warning please tell us you bought a lotto ticket

Not sure as to the mentality of that officer but why stop you if he isn't going to give you a ticket for running that fast over the limit.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 03:23 AM   #3
125Dad
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coke Co.

Mid 80’s not sure of the actual but the state trooper basically said to just slow down didn’t even write a warning ticket. In a 70 mph zone
125Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 04:44 AM   #4
CLW
Eight Point

Hunt In: South TX

82mph in a 65.
DPS Trooper said to slow it down.
CLW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 05:21 AM   #5
boomerball
Ten Point

somewhere between 85~90 in a 65.
I think i only got the warning b/c he didn't get a good read on the radar.
boomerball is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 05:24 AM   #6
Uncle Saggy
Banned!!!

This is for real...... 106 in a 55

Trooper was really cool (Thank God). I told him that I knew that stretch of road had no crossroads or driveways and I just wanted to see what speed the engine shuts down at.
I got lucky, real lucky.
Uncle Saggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 06:23 AM   #7
txpitdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uh yeah. About that...

80 on a feeder road in Texas City. Cop was just plain cool.

Most interesting warning.... 76 in a 55 in Colorado City. Had no idea we were going through a polygamist colony, and the cop wanted to know why we were there more than how fast we were going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
txpitdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 06:44 AM   #8
DTala
Ten Point

I gave a guy a verbal warning one night for 120 in a 45 zone.....3am, road deserted, he and two buddies were trying out a 1965 GTO they had just finished rebuilding. Driver was in shock he didn't go to jail....
DTala is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 06:48 AM   #9
catslayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTala View Post
I gave a guy a verbal warning one night for 120 in a 45 zone.....3am, road deserted, he and two buddies were trying out a 1965 GTO they had just finished rebuilding. Driver was in shock he didn't go to jail....
Did he offer to let you drive that beast?
catslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 07:00 AM   #10
CSanders
Ten Point

Hunt In: Palestine

When I was 16 I past a cop in an unmarked truck going 95 in a 60.. and got a warning. Never got that lucky again.
CSanders is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 07:09 AM   #11
Low Fence
Pope & Young

County sheriff when I was a teenager
92 in a 55
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 07:22 AM   #12
tvc184
Pope & Young

Only about 12 over about 38 years ago. He wasn’t worried about speed and was only on a fishing expedition. The least over was about 4 years ago at 2 over by a trooper. He was on the same expedition.

Now since I have been an officer......

The biggest break that I have given was 85 in a 35. Two weeks later at the same location I got the same guy at the same speed. No break that time.
tvc184 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 07:25 AM   #13
BolilloLoco
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Washington County & Mason County

98 in 35. Very long straight stretch of deserted road
Had to call in a favor
BolilloLoco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 07:27 AM   #14
Txsurveyor2014
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma and Angelina County

If I remember correctly, it was 127 in a 30. I was told to go home and that they would be talking to my dad the next day! That was one of the benefits of growing up in a small town in the 80s. I guess they thought my dad would punish me more than a ticket would... and they were very correct!
Txsurveyor2014 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 07:27 AM   #15
Skinny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montague County

80 in a 20 mph school zone bygod.

Skinny
Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 07:34 AM   #16
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

132mph. I was racing a buddy of mine years ago on 59N around kingwood (Houston).

A State Trooper pulled us both over and told us to pop the hoods. Then he spent about 15 minutes looking at our cars and reliving his past I guess. He let us go, but told me I was losing the race because my buddy was going 135 according to his radar.

The good ole days. I had a 76 Nova, and my buddy had a 69 Charger.

He did thank us for pulling over. We had a heck of a head start!

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 03-09-2019 at 07:38 AM.
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 07:42 AM   #17
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

10-30-1987. Got a call at work telling me they were inducing labor on my wife. I left TI at 75 and 635 and pegged out my truck. Speedo only read 85, but I was more over around the P. Hit the tollway heading for Parkland hospital, blew through the toll booth and got stopped just at the end of the tollway. Told the officer what was happening and he told me to follow him the rest of the way. I passed him. Got to the hospital and never heard a word about the whole ordeal. A day I will never forget.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 07:42 AM   #18
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kick CoViD's tail!

The question is, Dave, did you slow down?
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 07:49 AM   #19
LonestarGent
Eight Point

Hunt In: Grayson, Young, Williamson

130 in a 65. About 13 years ago in Pflugerville one Sunday morning I was going to help my father in law pull a tranny out of an old Ford truck. I hopped on my crotch rocket and hit 35 north from Pville to Round Rock. By the time I saw the motorcycle officer in the Cook Waldon funeral home parking lot, he had his hands up in the air with the radar in one hand and a look on his face of are you kidding me. I didn't realize how fast I was going because there was no traffic on the road. I slowed it down to 90 the rest of the way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
LonestarGent is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 07:53 AM   #20
COOLDAD1
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

87 in a 50 Waller county. Pretty nice guy.
Also got a warning for 95 in a 60 in Jersey Village. Woman cop ....., she was really nice.
COOLDAD1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 07:57 AM   #21
CTR0022
Ten Point

I've been pulled over 3 times for doing 90 plus on the highway and been let go with warnings. Also been given tickets a few times.
CTR0022 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 08:03 AM   #22
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hall County

99 in a 55 at 430 am. I’d usually get to work around 430 even though we didn’t start til 5. I rolled through a stop as I had hundreds of times before, then punched it. My 99 Z71 was governed out by the time I reached the edge of town. Small podunk town and I could see clear across town without a single soul out. As I flew by city limits the cop hit me with the radar. I didn’t notice him in the distance behind me til I reached work 3 miles later. He pulled up as I was walking inside the building. He gave me a warning since there wasn’t anyone else out, and I told him to hurry up and write the ticket I was in a hurry haha
TX03RUBI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 08:10 AM   #23
Froggy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Public land
Default Slowest I've been pulled over with no Warning

Oilfield days going through Golden Meadow, LA.

32 in a 30. Cop took what cash I had in my wallet.
Froggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 08:16 AM   #24
Aggiehunter08
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World

10 over I think. I’ve had much better results getting a warning from state troopers. However, if I get pulled over by a deputy it’s a darn ticket every time!
Aggiehunter08 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 08:18 AM   #25
bcj jones
Four Point

First time I ever got pulled over was the worst. 90 something in a 50 on my way back from the lake. 15 years old with no drivers license, no insurance, expired registration and inspection. Mom had to come get me and my buddies!
bcj jones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 08:20 AM   #26
Txprowler
Four Point

Hunt In: Centerville, Tx.

94 in 45, just happened to be a friend DPS officer
Txprowler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 08:27 AM   #27
wes122984
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Atoka County OK

136 in a 65 or 70. was on a bike and i was the only one in the group that stopped. also had a few cops roll next to me while on the bike and just signal for me to slow it down.

in a truck i have never got a warning not even for 5 over.
wes122984 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 08:33 AM   #28
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton

63 in a 60
Jcjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 08:36 AM   #29
K. Lane
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kendall County Texas

50 years old and have never gotten a ticket

Got an expired registration ticket once but that its it.

Can't believe how lucky I've been because I should have gotten them EVERY DAY!! I Drive fast
K. Lane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 08:37 AM   #30
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trinity County

90 in a 60....Arizona State Trooper. He asked why I was in a hurry. I told him I'd spent the last 8 hours in a car with my wife, daughters and my mother-in-law and just wanted to get to a hotel so I could get out of the **** car. He laughed and said he would let me go with a warning. It's then that I asked him to shoot me instead. He was still laughing as I drove away.

Last edited by curtintex; 03-09-2019 at 08:39 AM.
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 08:38 AM   #31
J-Carp
Ten Point

This is some good reading for a saturday morning with my coffee.

Not real sure of the actual speed but somewhere around 120+ in a 35. It was my Jack Azz buddies fault we got stopped...he just haaaaaad to pop a wheelie. Anyways, that SO was about 5'8 ( we are 6'3 ish) and hotter than a ticks azz on a August afternoon. We ended up makin it home with our bikes and nothin else more than an azz chewing.

Hopefully my jack azz buddy reads this.

Last edited by J-Carp; 03-09-2019 at 08:45 AM.
J-Carp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 08:41 AM   #32
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
80 in a 20 mph school zone bygod.

Skinny
I got wrote up for 40 in a 20 school zone. That ticket was not pretty. Cost me right at $1000.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 08:47 AM   #33
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

My Dad got a warning ticket one time in Dallas on Stemmons Fwy for going 40 in a 60. Cop told him to speed it up cause he had traffic backed up all the way to Carrolton. My Dad was bad about taking off in second gear and only shifting up to 3rd and staying there. He was never in a hurry in his little 76 Toyota PU.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 08:53 AM   #34
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trinity County

This thread has the potential to be the all-time leader in complete unverifiable bull**** in TBH history. We'll never know which are true and which are not, but they'll all be entertaining.
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 09:19 AM   #35
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any where I can

My first time I ever got stopped. I had just taken my driving test a week earlier, I was in school I got called to the office, I was told there was a family emergency. I got there and there was a phone call for me, it was my step father telling me he and David were in Falfurrias at the Chevy dealer, David's Suburban had a leaking water pump. He was obviously drunk, and forgot all of the guns, he tried to go hunting without me, but was so drunk, he forgot to go home and get the guns. So he called me at school told the school there was a family emergency, so they let me out of school. I went home loaded up all the guns, I knew we would normally take and a bunch of gear in the back of his car.
I left Ingleside, went through Corpus, Robstown, then was going through Kingsville, when I looked down and there was no speedometer needle on the old Olds. I thought I broke the speedometer, I was moving along pretty good. I slammed on the brakes in a panic and the needle popped back up from behind a panel on the dash, so it was not broken off. Shortly after that, I passed up a pickup with a light on the roof, looked like a oil field company truck to me, I did not worry about it. Going around that S curve just south of Kingsville, I noticed there was a flashing red light behind me, I also noticed that truck seemed to be trying to keep up, but was not doing a very good job. I thought a DPS was behind the truck, but when on that S curve, I realized the red flashing light was in the truck. I realized shortly afterwards, that truck was trying to catch me. I slowed down and it got on my bumper, with a old guy driving and not looking happy at all.

I pulled over got out and went to meet the officer, turns out it was the Kleberg County Sherriff, he was not happy. I went back to meet him at his truck, because, I had the back seat of the car covered with guns, ammo and gear, then I was going way beyond the speed limit, heading towards Mexico. He wanted my driver's license, I only had a yellow piece of paper saying I had passed my driving test. I knew I would not be seeing my driver's license for a long time.
He took my license, then said, you know it was a good thing you pulled over, I could not catch you, so I had to call the interceptor car. I was pretty scared at this point, then a car went flying past, had to be doing 140 mph, popped on it's lights as it went by, then hit the brakes. Shortly afterwards multiple DPS cars went by. I knew I was in a lot of trouble. He said, have you ever heard that old line about you are in my county now boy? I said yes. He said, well you are in my county now boy, you don't speed through my county. I apologized. He chewed me out for a while, I was pretty scared, thinking I am likely going to jail, definitely not getting my actual driver's license. Then he asked, are you Roy's boy, I said yes. He told me, he had better not ever catch me speeding in Kleberg County again, gave me my yellow paper back and told me to drive carefully. I just stood there shaking, stunned, then realized, he was letting me go.
I got back in the car and slowly got up to speed, then did not break the 55 mph speed limit. The whole time, I had their interceptor car and a couple of DPS following me, all the way to Rivera. At Rivera they turned around and I turned in Rivera and went to Falfurrias.

That has been the one and only time I have ever gotten a warning when actually going more than 3 mph over the speed limit. I don't know how fast I was going, neither did he, but I was a good ways over the speed limit. A few months later, my step father asked me, if I had gotten pulled over in Kleberg County by the Kleberg Sherriff, I said yes. He just shoot his head and said you got lucky. Back then, he knew all of the Sherriffs in all of the south Texas counties, because he hauled drilling rigs all over south Texas back then. He also knew a lot of the DPS officers.
RifleBowPistol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 09:24 AM   #36
locolobo
Eight Point

Hunt In: Somewhere in TX

65 in a 55. Sheriffs deputy. He was doing 50 so I passed him. Wifey in the pass. seat starts b****ing that I should not have passed him. He lights me up, says I was doing 10 over when I passed him. Wife sittin there gripin the whole time. I finally told her to stf up. Deputy handed me the warning ticket and walked away laughing.
locolobo is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 09:24 AM   #37
Native Texan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County

I was dating a girl in Clear Lake and took her out for pizza that didn't sit well on my stomach. Drove I-45 back to Spring about midnight doing 80 (limit was 55) while puking in a big zip-loc and got pulled over by DPS around Rankin Road.

Officer: What reason do you have for driving so fast?

Me: I ate a pizza that made me sick and I'm just trying to get home as soon as I can.

Officer: You don't look sick. Your eyes are all red and you look like you've been drinking. Have you been drinking?

Me:No Sir.

Officer: Well you don't look sick. I think you've been drinking.

Me: Sir, I have this bag of vomit (holding it up for him to see) if you would like to see it.

Officer: Just slow down. (as he walks back to his car)
Native Texan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 09:28 AM   #38
Kas
Eight Point

Hunt In: Pinehurst-Livingston-Rock springs

got stopped for 118 in a 65 on the beltway... got away with a failure to signal lane change
Kas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 09:31 AM   #39
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpitdog View Post
80 on a feeder road in Texas City. Cop was just plain cool.

Most interesting warning.... 76 in a 55 in Colorado City. Had no idea we were going through a polygamist colony, and the cop wanted to know why we were there more than how fast we were going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I bet I know who that cop WASN'T in Texas City. There was one that recently retired and ran laser. He never cut anyone any slack.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 09:34 AM   #40
JonBoy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Doss, TX

95 in an 80...I-10 between S.A. and El Paso. Cop was very agitated and geared up to ticket me but as soon as I presented my CHL & DL his demeanor changed instantly...like flipping a light switch, it was very strange. He was very friendly after that and issued the warning and asked that I slow down.
JonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 10:06 AM   #41
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Wait. These sort of things really happen?

I gave a warning for 102 in a 45 on spring cypress one night

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 10:21 AM   #42
tpack
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanders View Post
When I was 16 I past a cop in an unmarked truck going 95 in a 60.. and got a warning. Never got that lucky again.

I was chasing a dodge charger in 1976-77 in my 1970 El Camino easily after midnight. I was going a little over 100 when I passed a highway patrol that I came up on over a small hill. He did not stop either of us. I was 18 and thought I was bulletproof. We did and got away with things then that you could not today.
tpack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 10:23 AM   #43
dbaio1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bienville and Jackson Parish Louisiana - Union Community area

I didn't get stopped or a warning. But in 1985 I blew by a La. State Trooper some where north of 130 in my Audio Coupe Quattro. I had just had a new turbo installed.
dbaio1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 10:57 AM   #44
Acameron52
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman & Loving

65 in a 25 trying to get home one morning to park my car and get into my truck so I could head to the lease. Fire Dept helped me agin.
Acameron52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 11:03 AM   #45
tpack
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaio1 View Post
I didn't get stopped or a warning. But in 1985 I blew by a La. State Trooper some where north of 130 in my Audio Coupe Quattro. I had just had a new turbo installed.

You win.
tpack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 11:04 AM   #46
BuckSmasher
Ten Point

Hunt In: All Over

85-90 in a 40 or 45 I think? I put a new engine in my mustang in the summer of 2003 while my brother was in Iraq. When he came to visit me in college two months after he got home I took him on a joy ride. I thought for sure I was in big trouble.

I told the cop the truth. My brother came home from Iraq two months ago and I was showing him the new engine. He checked the my brothers military ID. Turns out, one of the cops was a former Marine.
BuckSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 11:14 AM   #47
billythefish
Four Point

150mph on my motorcycle at 5am on the 75N towards Sherman
billythefish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 01:09 PM   #48
dbaio1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bienville and Jackson Parish Louisiana - Union Community area

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpack View Post
You win.
I sure felt.like it. I was shaking like a leaf for a bit thinking for certain I was going to jail. I often think he had to be taking a nap or something.
dbaio1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 01:43 PM   #49
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Over yonder

This may be the largest collection of idiots in one thread.
Slow down before y'all kill someone.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 02:10 PM   #50
RR 314
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
This may be the largest collection of idiots in one thread.
Slow down before y'all kill someone.
No doubt. Their memories are a lot better than mine to boot. I guess I have always been too drunk to remember exactly how fast the occifer said I was going.
RR 314 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top