1st SpaceX manned flight . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
    Sr71 is just so cool. That and the stealth bomber/fighters were things my dad got to work on while in the airforce. I remember him taking me to watch them take off, just incredible machines.
    My favorite part of the SR-71 was that due to the high heat it created travelling supersonic, the aircraft panels as designed had gaps while sitting on the runway prior to takeoff. These gaps would close up once the panels heated up travelling at supersonic speed. And the SR-71 used these panels as a fuel tank (Having a separate fuel tank would have weighed too much), so it leaked fuel while sitting on the runway prior to takeoff.

Comment

I'm looking forward to liftoff on Saturday...….great stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I was mostly joking. I fully admit to all I don’t know about this stuff, and defer to the experts.

My own reservations about space exploration aside...what they’re doing is cool as hell, and I keep all involved in my prayers. The absolute balls it takes to set in that dude are second to none on this planet....or any other.

I’m here for all of the American ingenuity and testicular fortitude.

To think this country is terrified over a virus with a .02% chance of killing the average citizen, and those guys are gonna set on top of a whole **** ton of super explosive stuff with an end game of winding up in space....that’s courage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They had to add another burner on that thing to get those two dudes nuts off the ground

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          They had to add another burner on that thing to get those two dudes nuts off the ground

Pretty much!

Comment

Saw there was an explosion at the spacex test facility in Texas...... now i have an even worse feeling about this [emoji51]

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
              saw there was an explosion at the spacex test facility in texas...... Now i have an even worse feeling about this [emoji51]

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
              yep!

Comment

If I heard correctly, this the 4th time this rocket will be used . . The initial stage landed successfully 3 times previously . .

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                  My grandfather put the first private rocket into space. He called it privately funded, but the govt and NASA sure did have their fingers all over it.
                  Interesting article on an interesting man with a vision:

His first spacecraft blew up on the pad and his primary investor died, but the first free enterprise rocket finally flew from Matagorda.

Comment

Live broadcast on spacex.com now.

Comment

On TV?

Comment

Live on C-Span

Comment

Yes CNN.
                          That reporter chick Rachel is fired up about this launch. Must be a rocket scientist and EZ on the eye.

Comment

National Geographic channel 276 on direct tv

Comment

On Fox News.

Comment

There she goes!!

Comment

Working...
                                X