No announcement yet.

Bad sausage from processor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I been DIY for the last 11 years,after our cousin (butcher) passed away,enjoy it too.

Comment

I still have all the equipment to do my own but for the quality of service/ product I get I lose money doing it myself.

Gary

Comment

Call them

Comment

As a fellow Clemson guy I will try to explain your post to the less educated...... The OP was asking what he should do. He didn't call out the processor because he was wanting constructive feedback from the green screen. He is also not bashing the processor yet as he waits for Intel. Note his post was a detailed question, not a rant.

Now OP, here is some constructive feedback. Take a package back and explain the situation. If they tell you to pound sand come back here and lay them out. If they work something out with you come back here and say how good they are to work with and everyone makes a mistake.

Good day.

Comment

Bad sausage from processor

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
            As a fellow Clemson guy I will try to explain your post to the less educated...... The OP was asking what he should do. He didn't call out the processor because he was wanting constructive feedback from the green screen. He is also not bashing the processor yet as he waits for Intel. Note his post was a detailed question, not a rant.

Now OP, here is some constructive feedback. Take a package back and explain the situation. If they tell you to pound sand come back here and lay them out. If they work something out with you come back here and say how good they are to work with and everyone makes a mistake.

Good day.

You understood this WAY better than the Ramblin’ Wreck guy did. [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by quackadikt; 05-29-2020, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Happened to me one time. I called processor for them to make it right. They refused so I disputed on my CC and got all my money back. Still sucked because it was around 100lb venison

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                Find the right place and you'll stay.

Gary
                No sir, we will just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  I still have all the equipment to do my own but for the quality of service/ product I get I lose money doing it myself.

Gary
                  How do you lose money? Some folk take pride in the end product. I know for a fact, my pops and I have saved more money processing ourselves with great flavor and peace of mind. BTW we processed 7 deer this year at one time through a grinder that is older than I am, powered by a washing machine motor that is equally as old in less than 6 hrs, all sausage. If you’re losing money, I'll keep my mouth shut. I’ll enjoy my deer how I want it.

Comment

It was quite a tradition when my Uncle Joe was around. I still have his old grinder set up on a 2x10 with small motor on it. Used molasses for belt dressing. Those were the days. I use a Browning for grinding and stuffing now

Comment

Originally posted by BangBang View Post
                      How do you lose money? Some folk take pride in the end product. I know for a fact, my pops and I have saved more money processing ourselves with great flavor and peace of mind. BTW we processed 7 deer this year at one time through a grinder that is older than I am, powered by a washing machine motor that is equally as old in less than 6 hrs, all sausage. If you’re losing money, I'll keep my mouth shut. I’ll enjoy my deer how I want it.
                      Because the time involved with set up, cut up, packaging and clean up is hours not working or hunting. My billable hours are worth a lot more than the cost of the processor.
                      Maybe someday after I re-retire I'll have the free time, and a place set up again, to do it. It is rewarding.
                      Plus the extra deer I kill and donate have to be processed by an approved place.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by BangBang View Post
                        No sir, we will just have to agree to disagree.
                        I know the family that owns and operates this place. They don't do a lot of fancy products that some places do but they are a regular processing/ butcher shop facility. I tried places like CCR and it was nasty.
                        These guys get it.

Gary

Comment

Sorry, but if you don't process your own meat you're at the mercy of the processor. They're in it to make money plain and simple. Only way to ensure you get a quality product is to diy. I don't understand why people invest so much time and money in a lease, gear, travel, ect. and then trust someone else with the care of the meat. I know lots of folks will say yhey don't have time, but you had time to go hunt? To me processing is just as rewarding as the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post

Good day.
                            Lol, most replies said exactly what you said. Two or three wanted to be Karens and speak with the manager and burn the processor down immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                              Lol, most replies said exactly what you said. Two or three wanted to be Karens and speak with the manager and burn the processor down immediately.
                              Stop being a Nancy about people being Karens. I feel like Karens are being profiled.

Comment

Working...
                              X