Wyoming deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icon6669 View Post
    I'll be ****ed, I actually drew that general tag. Numbers must be way off from last year with all the financial turmoil.
    Time to start planning in earnest and i have a scouting trip come 4th of July week.
    Nice, congrats. Now I wish I would have applied.

Comment

You're going to love Wyoming mountains in July. Bring a jacket.
      Not sure when they will start taking reservations but there are some FS cabins for rent in some pretty spots.
      Good time to enjoy small town festivities for the 4th as well.

Comment

Any area recommendations for antelope with 7pp. Didn't get my elk tag. Might just take my sister mule deer hunting south of Casper. Want a bear tag after seeing one last deer season. Or i might just get a whitetail tag and come up during Thanksgiving. I'm not sure if I want to pay full price for a cow elk in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          Nice, congrats. Now I wish I would have applied.
          Turns out the draw odds were slightly lower actually, i just lucked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear82 View Post
            Any area recommendations for antelope with 7pp. Didn't get my elk tag. Might just take my sister mule deer hunting south of Casper. Want a bear tag after seeing one last deer season. Or i might just get a whitetail tag and come up during Thanksgiving. I'm not sure if I want to pay full price for a cow elk in that area.
            With 7 PP you have good options. I would look at areas 52, 48, 63, 65 and 66.
            Mule deer south of Casper would be best hunted last week in Oct.
            Might be a few cow tags in the leftover draw.

Comment

I’ll just be buying points for a while

Comment

Results are out, anyone coming up for deer or antelope ?

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                  I've just been picking up points the last few years. Have you hunted Medicine Bow NF for deer or elk? Is it worth burning the points (2-3) next year for any of those units (Units 9, 10, 11, 12 or 110)?

I lived in Laramie one summer and was up there a lot. Never recalled seeing elk or deer. But I wasn't looking for them either.

Comment

Well I just checked and it says unsuccessful. Dang. Hopi g to check again this evening with better news. Maybe I will get a surprise. Is there a leftover drawing later or anything.

Comment

I'll just be buying points this year, but at least one of my son's drew Antelope, waiting to hear from the other one but presume he's drawn. I'll be up there terrorizing Wyoming with my Texas plates for about 6 weeks helping them out with Antelope hunts and trying to scout some General Elk areas.

Comment

I draw an antelope tag for area 21. My son got an antelope doe tag for same area and a Deer tag for Region Y.

Comment

Ended up with a buck and two doe antelope tags for Unit 26. Will be my first trip up there.

Comment

Unit 9 antelope for me and my group!

Comment

Originally posted by jomw10 View Post
                              I draw an antelope tag for area 21. My son got an antelope doe tag for same area and a Deer tag for Region Y.
                              I drew an antelope tag for unit 21, too.

Comment

Friends are going...

Do you hunt antelope? How would you do it via walk in areas? Blue and yellow sections are good to go to?

Comment

Working...
                                X