We're finally out of the city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're finally out of the city

Back in Nov. 2021 our family bought some land nearby with the goal of our families building on it. We have a lot of kids, my wife's parents are getting older, it makes sense for them to be closer to help us and for us to be able to help them.

We lucked out and found a rental on the 40 acres adjacent to the family land that came available 2 months ago. We jumped on it.

It turned into quite the process and needless to say we've been busy. We did some work on the rental since we'll be here for about 2 years while we build and then getting our old home ready for the market, moving, work, travel, kids, sports, camps, etc. I've been pretty good about keeping a camera handy through it all and thankfully so, we've had some fun and it's always nice to capture these memories.

Kids are loving life. They run around between our house and the in-laws all day. The older kids are loving the gocart/dune buggies and the younger kids will ride the little tykes cars down the hill and push them back up all day if we'd let them! It's been a lot of fun for us to watch our kids explore, gain some new responsibilities and just enjoy life a little more unplugged.

We now have 40'ish chickens, 3 Nigerian dwarf goats and about 1 million honey bee's. God only knows what will show up next week.

My wife is turning into a birder. The first time she spotted a hummingbird she was off to the store to buy feeders and the sugar water. They're fun to watch.

Oh, and the dog (Scout) is living her best life. If I can just keep her from coming home covered in cow ****. She loves to roll in it.

Anyway, here's a few from the past few weeks.

Sometimes you just need to stop and talk to the cows by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Pure Joy by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

untitled shootJune 26, 2022_84A9704.jpg by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

untitled shootJuly 09, 2022_84A1943.jpg by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Scout returning from her adventure by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Scout Playing In FieldJune 01, 2022_84A8634-Edit.jpg by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Female Black-chinned Hummingbird by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Hummingbird at Feeder by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

At_HomeJuly 16, 2022-227.jpg by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Goats_July 23, 2022IMG_5587.jpg by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Goats_July 23, 2022IMG_5667.jpg by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Smells Funky...Still want to nibble on it by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Good stuff!
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

So much awesome in this post. Congrats!

Semper Fi

Comment

Awesome photo skills, congrats!

Comment

Excellent shots and congrats on the new living situation.

Comment

Beautiful pics and wonderful memories for sure. Looks like you might have some nascar drivers in the near future.

Comment

Awesome man!

Comment

This is awesome! Congratulations, we are currently on the same journey with our crew.

Comment

The looks on your kids' faces is priceless! FREEDOM!

Comment

Congrats! Great pics!

Comment

great stuff

Comment

Congrats! That’s awesome

Comment

Attaboy, great stuff bud and congratulations! Just me but I love that there’s no helmets in the pics too, old school kids being kids country style.

And agreed, awesome photo skills.

Comment

Great pics that tell a fun story!! Enjoy! The best thing ever did was move to the country. The kids loved it!!!!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X