Drivers license rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drivers license rant

Ok, for the ones that don't know me: I am a 61 yr old, pure bred, 6th gen Texan. In fact we were here in 1837, not that it matters to the story. Been told I sound like Hank Hill just to give you a visual/auditory image of how this went down:
    WTH America???
    So after waiting 3 weeks for my appointment (yes you have to have an appointment) to renew my, now expired, drivers license a funny /not so funny thing happens. I enter my phone number in the sign in computer, it says who I am and where I live, I confirm. Take my number to get in line. DPS employee gives me the form to fill out. I say "Thanks" and begin. They ask for my birth certificate or passport. I inform them I don't have them. Not the answer they wanted, I have my CHL, SS card, drivers license, Credit cards, hunting license, etc "but not your birth cert or passport?" No, ma'am, I replied. She then went to their computer with my license, returns and tells me I am not in their system. WHAT??? I have all these State issued credentials? She said, and I quote " we can't prove you are a citizen" !?!? I, FAIRLY calmly said "You're SH******
    me!
    I took my card, that THEY issued me for identification, left the building and have been wondering where the hell am I living now?
    I want to seek asylum to somewhere that has common sense. Any ideas?
    RANT OVER

Did you drag yourself out the door with one of your FF harnesses???

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Hi, Charles! Or is it really Carlos since you’re not a US citizen??

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lol, hate to laugh but you in fact no longer live in that place you once recognized. You now live in one of those banana republic we once made fun of.
      They told me once that they had no record of the trailer I was trying to renew even though they gave me plates and renewed them for 10 straight years

Comment

You messed up when you didn't tell them you were an illegal!

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have to do this soon…

Comment

Harness

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            Did you drag yourself out the door with one of your FF harnesses???

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Hi, Charles! Or is it really Carlos since you’re not a US citizen??

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did not! But I started to sit down and tell them I wanted asylum because my government scares me and my family! Name change, I might have gotten my license!

Comment

Cracked me up that THEY have given me a DL for 45 years and now I am not in there system. The sign in computer knew me with just my phone number!

My daughter told me to "drink about it!" Think I will follow her advise...then try again Tuesday!

Comment

Soon

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                Thanks for the info. I have to do this soon…

You better get on line and book it, some places are out 8 wks. Also you can fill out your application on line to save time at the Dept.

Comment

I probably would have just calmly asked to speak with her manager. Not in the system and not sure your a citizen are not valid answers. Someone else there had to have had more common sense.

Comment

It’s related to the “Real ID Act.

Find out what you need to do to meet federal REAL ID requirements, how to update your driver license or ID card, and if you can renew online.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      Someone else there had to have had more common sense.
                      Common sense does not exist at the DL office.

Comment

Real ID

Originally posted by falmike View Post
                        It’s related to the “Real ID Act.

https://www.texas.gov/driver-services/texas-real-id/
                        Funny thing, my DL has the gold star, I had my CHL and SS card. No go

Comment

Similar thing happened to me a month or so ago. My license had expired as well, so I go online and made an appointment for later in the week. Took off work and went over there, filled out the form, waited for 20 minutes until they called my number. Go sit with the lady and she asks for passport or birth cert. I didnt have either. They refused to renew my license and said we must see passport or birth cert. I was very annoyed and left.

Got back to work and had my wife email me a copy of birth cert, take off work later that day, go through the same process, finally sit down with a different lady. I handed her my filled out form and copy of birth cert. She says oh we have to have an original stamped birth cert, not a copy. Refused to help me. I asked for a manager, one came over and just repeated the same thing. I asked can you please make an exception, this is the second time I've taken off work to come over here. Nope! I was livid and stormed out of there.

I finally got it done on the third attempt a few days later. Finally my DL came in the mail and my wife thinks it's hilarious how pizzed off I look in the photo.

Comment

Did they not state you would need either for the renewal appointment?

Comment

After Clovid I have become oxygen dependant to this point. So i make my appointment with the DPS I was lucky I had my passport. And necessary Dr statement for my eyes. I'm dealing with the person behind the counter. Who at this point tells me I've got to Perform a driving test. I ask why? He states that since I am using a breathing apparatus I must perform the driving test. So after his lunch hour I do so. Passed ok.

My other concern was in my county of residence the waiting time was for a month out. So i made the appointment for the next county over and was granted it in one week. The one in our town often times when we go by, we see No One in line or in the waiting chairs. Strange how the usual business of the past was able to be twisted to to the busineses/government's
                              favor. This we see in dealings with many other companies.

Comment

Working...
                              X