No announcement yet.

Raccoons spinning Lamco low n throw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the raccoons figure out how to turn the spinner with a stick we will all be in trouble

Comment

They're hanging around too much to not be reaching the corn.

Click image for larger version

Name:	a9f188ef-e552-47e4-846b-1c37f126bc27.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	24688566

Comment

I bet they are.

Comment

What was the older Lamco plate diameter? The one I have is 30” and the coons are reaching it easily. I have the hole on the bottom blocked and I have videos of the coons spinning the spinner.
          Hoping somebody can answer what the older plates measure at and if they were round or octagon?

Comment

they definitely are spinning ours also

Comment

Can yall shut the gap down between the plates of the Lamcos?. Like trim up the spacers and still have spinner clearance? There was a time folks were going to building 1"x1" mesh varmint cages for 55 gallon drums because the 1"x2" commercial cages were allowing a coon to get his shoulder and increasing his reach . Luckily we haven't had yall's issue on my 3 plate style feeders at our place in 4-5 years....but we have been hammering them with dogproof traps since 2015 killing and keeping those that learn anything stupid from teaching the others. Plus I enjoy collecting past food rent from the masked bastages..

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                What was the older Lamco plate diameter? The one I have is 30” and the coons are reaching it easily. I have the hole on the bottom blocked and I have videos of the coons spinning the spinner.
                Hoping somebody can answer what the older plates measure at and if they were round or octagon?
                I’ll try to measure mine this weekend. Mine was bought in 2017 and is octagon shaped.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                  they definitely are spinning ours also
                  You have any idea what the older octagon plates measure in at?

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
                    I’ll try to measure mine this weekend. Mine was bought in 2017 and is octagon shaped.
                    Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Can yall shut the gap down between the plates of the Lamcos?. Like trim up the spacers and still have spinner clearance? There was a time folks were going to building 1"x1" mesh varmint cages for 55 gallon drums because the 1"x2" commercial cages were allowing a coon to get his shoulder and increasing his reach . Luckily we haven't had yall's issue on my 3 plate style feeders at our place in 4-5 years....but we have been hammering them with dogproof traps since 2015 killing and keeping those that learn anything stupid from teaching the others. Plus I enjoy collecting past food rent from the masked bastages..
                      I’ve done that. Didn’t help. You can get 1/2” to about 3/4” max reduced in the gap by trimming the spacers.

Comment

I’m trying to figure out what plates would stop them. Possibly 34”. Once I figure that out I’ll swap the plates on mine I’m thinking.

Comment

I will be going to my lease around Easter. If you don’t have an answer then I will measure mine. The older models I own don’t have that hole underneath it either. It’s a solid plate.

Comment

if they are using thinner metal it maybe flexing allowing coons to wedge their way in
                            ln addition to the other ideas, a spinner plate with the little gates that fly open would help greatly i think

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                              Sounds like you need to kill the flies around that feeder.
                              What’s a good ratio to use.

Comment

In 2015 I built 2 1200lb feeders with 32" octagons on the bottom to help with the coon problem I was having. At the time I had never seen another feeder with this set up. Opening between plates is just enough so a kernel of corn will not get hung up between bottom plate and spinner. The top of spinner clears top plate by 1/8-3/16". Don't recall exact opening measurements between plates. These 2 feeders have run year-round since 2015 with not a single issue. Very seldom get pictures of coons anymore. Use to get pictures all night.

Comment

Working...
                                X