Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else single and emptynester in their 40's or early 50s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have fun
    Last edited by Voodoo; 08-07-2022, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
      On a site like TBH, I've never understood all the jealous admiration given to a guy that hired a hooker for his birthday.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
      Not sure on the jealousy part, but he was living it up for sure!

Comment

On a site like TBH, I've never understood all the jealous admiration given to a guy that hired a hooker for his birthday.
        Because he was nearly 70 years old. He missed the company of a woman. He did something about it. He rented a limo, got reservations at a fine dining establishment, and had a nice evening. Nobody got hurt and an old man was happy on his birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
          Quit hitting on him.
          He had his chance and didnt take it. I dont think Im his type.

Comment

All joking aside, almost all my friends have been like Pat ( snowflake killa ). Type A personalities usually like me IMO, maybe because I am very grounded and level-headed. And I get along with them because I need someone else to carry the conversation, come up with the ideas etc. The more.....normal....people feel differently.

I do look forward to the possibility of a fishing or hunting buddy once my son moves out.

Comment

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
              Tell us what you did on your last birthday…

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                All joking aside, almost all my friends have been like Pat ( snowflake killa ). Type A personalities usually like me IMO, maybe because I am very grounded and level-headed. And I get along with them because I need someone else to carry the conversation, come up with the ideas etc. The more.....normal....people feel differently.

I do look forward to the possibility of a fishing or hunting buddy once my son moves out.
                Your son could be your fishing/hunting buddy. Do some epic stuff together and make memories that will last forever. Go do the same with your daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  You only get so many revolutions around the sun. Picture yourself on your death bed and try to come up with a list of regrets you might have. Then go about erasing those regrets and working on a bucket list while you can.

Semper Fi
                  This!
                  Get out and do whatever you enjoy!

Comment

He had his chance and didnt take it. I dont think Im his type.
                    Just bring Pat a box of Depends and he will overlook your short comings.

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                      Your son could be your fishing/hunting buddy. Do some epic stuff together and make memories that will last forever. Go do the same with your daughter.
                      My daughter actually Iikes hunting more than my youngest son. But she is out of the house now. He says he likes to fish, on his terms. He rarely goes with me. We went offshore a couple of weeks ago and he slept half the time...I try but he just isnt real into hunting or fishing

Comment

Mike I debated posting this for awhile but finally decided you asked so here you go. Now I am a type A very driven person and I know you have some of those traits. We were on a deer lease together once. From knowing you I absolutely understand why you are where you are at. It makes perfect sense. When you left the deer lease there was not single member that said more then "ok" when they got the news that you left. In all sincerity the old saying that water seeks its own level applies. You are exactly where your behavior and actions have lead you. If you want to change then I would suggest taking a long look in the mirror. You and you alone are responsible for where you are at. After the look in the mirror I suggest you find a counselor and then a church to become active in. My post is sincere and I am not trying to be a arse. I truly wish you the best.

-john

Comment

My daughter actually Iikes hunting more than my youngest son. But she is out of the house now. He says he likes to fish, on his terms. He rarely goes with me. We went offshore a couple of weeks ago and he slept half the time...I try but he just isnt real into hunting or fishing
                          On their own terms is fine, what’s else do they like? Go do something different and just enjoy the time with them. Relax, enjoy this life, you get one shot to do it.

Take em on a cruise, go to Disney, travel somewhere, go hike, just go spent quality time with them.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                            Mike I debated posting this for awhile but finally decided you asked so here you go. Now I am a type A very driven person and I know you have some of those traits. We were on a deer lease together once. From knowing you I absolutely understand why you are where you are at. It makes perfect sense. When you left the deer lease there was not single member that said more then "ok" when they got the news that you left. In all sincerity the old saying that water seeks its own level applies. You are exactly where your behavior and actions have lead you. If you want to change then I would suggest taking a long look in the mirror. You and you alone are responsible for where you are at. After the look in the mirror I suggest you find a counselor and then a church to become active in. My post is sincere and I am not trying to be a arse. I truly wish you the best.

-john
                            I don't know either of you. But attempting to shed negative light on Mike. I don't think that was the best. You probably should have sent that privately.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post

-john
                              Well I must admit that stings a bit. I had no idea I had left any kind of negative impression on anyone. I guess I needed to hear it, because I have always felt people were fairly ambivalent about me. I have attempted to live in a way that my behavior leaves little impact on people, and making a concerted effort to keep from impacting people negatively.

I guess on the bright side, when you told them I was leaving, they didnt say "good".

Comment

No reason to be lonely. Get on bumble, from my experience its way better than tinder. I have more than I can handle right now but I always try to keep a few in the pipeline.

About 2 weeks ago, I changed mine to travel mode for Houston. Started talking to a good dozen or so and then eventually narrowed it down to two. Exchanged phone numbers with them and got to know them during the week. Went down to Houston for a weekend and met one on Friday and the other one on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X