• Show
Clear All

Went back to Eckert this morning.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

looks like you shopped at Sharkys new store also

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        The owner of that boat isn't a tbh'er. Him and I played hs football together in 68/69. He does own that cabin on the corners there and he's down at least once a month. His boat was much better looking for a picture of the boys than mine. His son played for Texas back in the Chris Simms Era so the boat got its name from that.
        Glad to know before we put you on "the bad orange person" list...

Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Hey, I come from a French heritage. And used to keep a mu-la'e a few years ago. It was in fa-shone.

Dish looks delicious!

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

I don't think I'D ever eat a mu-la'e, but if we ever end up on a hunt together hopefully there will be some redfish fillets ready to cook and share a meal.

Comment

Congrats on a great night and morning Hully! Nice pics as well!!

Comment

Retirement boat refurbish

My awesome wife convinced me that I needed to upgrade the boat since we plan to spend a lot of time on the water in my coming retirement in December.

I bought the boat new in 1997 and it's been a great ride. Not the smoothest and not the driest but a really good all-around sled. Have had a lot of great trips and excursions in it.

The upgrades are:
              Replaced the Johnson 175 with a Suzuki 200
              New Bob's jack plate
              Replaced the trolling motor
              Added power steering
              New Garmin GPS
              New onboard battery tender and new batteries (3)
              New bait well air pump
              New bait well pump for filling
              New running lights
              miscellaneous other little items

Going to try to do the break in this weekend. It's like a brand new rig to me...I'm excited!

Click image for larger version

Name:	boat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	24688401

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
                My awesome wife convinced me that I needed to upgrade the boat since we plan to spend a lot of time on the water in my coming retirement in December.

I bought the boat new in 1997 and it's been a great ride. Not the smoothest and not the driest but a really good all-around sled. Have had a lot of great trips and excursions in it.

The upgrades are:
                Replaced the Johnson 175 with a Suzuki 200
                New Bob's jack plate
                Replaced the trolling motor
                Added power steering
                New Garmin GPS
                New onboard battery tender and new batteries (3)
                New bait well air pump
                New bait well pump for filling
                New running lights
                miscellaneous other little items

Going to try to do the break in this weekend. It's like a brand new rig to me...I'm excited!

[ATTACH]1097459[/ATTACH]
                Congrats!! Enjoy the retirement now!! Great looking sled!

Comment

That's some good common sense upgrades right there, nice work! Fuel lines and wiring/panels are always also worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    That's some good common sense upgrades right there, nice work! Fuel lines and wiring/panels are always also worth a look.
                    Thanks. Yeah, my tech is also a guide and he said he went over everything as if he were going to use it himself. All new wires and hoses and panel and gauges.

Comment

Awesome Mike. I just did the same thing to my old Tran. Complete rewire and a new Suzuki 175. Way better than buying a new one. You’re going to love the Suzuki.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        Awesome Mike. I just did the same thing to my old Tran. Complete rewire and a new Suzuki 175. Way better than buying a new one. You’re going to love the Suzuki.
                        Maybe cheaper.... not sure about better

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          Maybe cheaper.... not sure about better

When I say better I mean cheaper. Lol

Comment

Not texas but my son been doing well on the reds in the Floridian marshes. He's gone 3 days this past week and got on them every time. Even got his gal on her first red

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good stuff fellas. Told my son if he could pass physics at A&M this summer(2nd time to take lol) with a B or better this summer semester, We’d hit the coast for a long weekend chasing reds and trout.

Well I’m pleased to announce we are headed to Matagorda Thurs-Sun [emoji51] If anyone one is down that way and wants to grab lunch, holler…. I’m buying.

Looks like the wind is gonna lay down a bit and be more out of the East. Combine that w a new moon Friday, hoping we are catching it just right.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                Not texas but my son been doing well on the reds in the Floridian marshes. He's gone 3 days this past week and got on them every time. Even got his gal on her first red

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                                His girlfriend has a funny face [emoji16] congratulations on the fish Ryan

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X