Trailer Tire Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer Tire Suggestions

Well its getting time to look for new trailer tires for 16’ trailer. I don’t have the heavy duty axles. Want tire that can handle getting off paved roads. Not that that happens a lot but we have a lease and we travel for bird hunting with the mule. What are you running and why.

I think I have continental E rated on my equipment trailer
    Anything is better than the cheap OEM tires

Comment

I run goodyears on my light offroad trailer.

Comment

Here ya go.
        Run 80 MPH with no worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shop Goodyear Endurance® Trailer Tire tires online at Goodyear.com. Buy tires online and get free shipping to your local Goodyear tire shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Buy All Steel Radials!!! Don’t buy the “Will Pops” if you want tires that will last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive had good luck with samson and sailun trailer tires. They are all imported junk. Some just happen to hold up better than others. I usually get the heaviest ply i can find as i tend to overload my big trailers. Mostly farm use...Agree with above all steel radials period...

Comment

10ply load e only

Comment

I only use goodyear endurance. They have never let me down.,

Comment

Check the speed rating of trailer tires, many won’t allow you to run posted speeds

Comment

Hankook trailer tires, no doubt!

Comment

I put 14ply Transeagle tires on the camper and my low boy. Sofar so good.

Comment

Goodyear Endurance on our travel trailer.

Comment

I went with the 14ply tires on my lowboy this last go round. You could probably run those suckers flat, as stiff as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss Buck View Post
                              I don’t have the heavy duty axles.
                              I have the same problem as you and there are not many options for a heavy duty 15" tire. A lot of people recommend LT tires but you can't get anything above a C rating in a tire that small so that leaves only trailer tires. The heaviest rating they make for 15" is E/10ply and not all E rated trailer tires are as durable as you would think. I have tried Hartland, Hercules, and Super Cargo, all had blow outs within a year or two and I made sure they were properly inflated.

I did a bunch of research and most recommended the Goodyear Endurance or the Maxxis 8008. I've never been a fan of goodyears for trucks so I bought 2 of each brand to see which would prove the most durable. Well, that was 3 years ago and neither have had any issues. Most of the use has been hauling my Jeep for in state runs but I recently did a 5000 mile run out west. This included a 940 mile run in one day across Arizona and Nevada in 100+ degree heat at 75 mph. I don't do much off pavement other than caliche and gravel roads.

Comment

Working...
                              X