No announcement yet.

Single pin sight advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We only had a “single pin” iron sight on our M16A2s back in the day and had to engage pop up targets 50-300yds to qualify. With practice you know where point of aim is at each 50yd interval. If I ever go after larger game out west I would practice with a single pin and not adjust it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had same problem. Went with a single .19 pin. Like from the 90s . Yes it covers more of the target but it helped with the floating "images". I also installed a verifier #4 I think. I guess it helps but maybe I need a stronger one now. I also got the best sight light I could find. It was a little pricey but between doing those THREE things, I finally can shoot decent again.

Comment

I have used a single pin HHA and liked it for target/3d shooting but never got comfortable with it for hunting. Specifically when hunting Elk in Colorado where I might have a 20 or a 50 yard shot. I was also never good a "guestimation" on shot placement.

With my bow, I can shoot one pin out to ~25 yards. So I tried an IQ Pro Hunter 3 pin sight. It has 2 fixed pins and one adjustable. I tried it a couple of different ways and settled on fixed 50 and 60 yard pins. Allowing me to float the free pin between 20 and 40 yards depending on location setup. Works for elk in Colorado or stand hunting whitetail in TX.

I also use a Verifier in my peep.

Comment

Shoot a spott hogg

Comment

I went from a HHA single pin to a Spott Hogg 5 pin and am kind of regretting it. Hard to beat a single pin but now that I am mainly hunting elevated it made more sense.

Comment

alot of good ones, but I really like HHA. You can also use index points on the pin post as multiple pins.

Comment

Look very seriously at Trophy Ridge sights. Single or 3 pin digital. The one pin is a sight in 2 different yardages, lets say one at 20 and one at 40 or 50 and you are sighted in to 100 yards. It works and works well!

Well built and solid! Not cheap though.

Comment

Look very seriously at Trophy Ridge sights. Single or 3 pin digital. The one pin is a sight in 2 different yardages, lets say one at 20 and one at 40 or 50 and you are sighted in to 100 yards. It works and works well!

Well built and solid! Not cheap though.

Comment

I just got the Black Gold Dual Trac sight and love it. Single pin setup with an additional adjustable pin. Much better for hunting imo

Comment

Working...
                    X