Balch Springs fires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balch Springs fires

I sure hope none of you were affected by the fires in Balch Springs today. I saw this as I was coming home from the Dallas area. Horrible devastation to so many! I couldn't imagine how hot it was for this firefighters. I'm pretty sure I could see one working the water cannon from the top of the ladder truck.

Man, that’s horrible. Feel very sorry for those families and their homes.

Comment

Terrible...I grew up very close to that area.

Comment

My son-in-law is a Balch Springs firefighter and helped battle the fires. My daughter was, obviously, pretty concerned today until he reported in that he was safe. Prayers continue for the families affected.
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Mtltx View Post
          Man, that’s horrible. Feel very sorry for those families and their homes.
          Jeez, that's tough, to watch...

Comment

Wow

Comment

That’s just terrible. I still see folks throwing their cigarettes out the car window daily. Texas needs about a week of nonstop rain.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                That’s just terrible. I still see folks throwing their cigarettes out the car window daily. Texas needs about a week of nonstop rain.
                I heard this one was started by crews brush hogging along the highway.

Comment

Sorry to see.
                  Prayers Sent for those affected.

Comment

Terrible....Prayers sent.

Comment

In the videos, the lady said it was a landscaping crew but the man said that it was a field behind the homes that was being shredded and hit a piece of metal that sparked the fire. He also said the owners of the field had been cited a few times for the overgrown grass.

What neither one of them said is what I heard on Texas State News network out of DFW - the crews were city workers.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                        Terrible...I grew up very close to that area.
                        So did I. I lived off of Quail Dr. Near Hickory Tree.
                        Was there way before all of those houses went in.
                        Glad no one was hurt...physically. I know there's a lot of emotional hurt.
                        Did a lot of fishing in the ponds around that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          In the videos, the lady said it was a landscaping crew but the man said that it was a field behind the homes that was being shredded and hit a piece of metal that sparked the fire. He also said the owners of the field had been cited a few times for the overgrown grass.

What neither one of them said is what I heard on Texas State News network out of DFW - the crews were city workers.
                          Maybe the man knew NOT to try to cut it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                            So did I. I lived off of Quail Dr. Near Hickory Tree.
                            Was there way before all of those houses went in.
                            Glad no one was hurt...physically. I know there's a lot of emotional hurt.
                            Did a lot of fishing in the ponds around that area.

Grew up at Spring Oaks and Beltline. Use to run the woods where AC New Middle school is now.

Comment

Working...
                            X