No announcement yet.

Auto AC Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This vehicle apparently uses a TSB19C compressor which may be controlled by an electric control valve in the compressor. This could give you the elevated suction side pressure. I am not able to access the proper info for this system at this time. A new compressor will have a new valve. The other items may not be needed at this time, thus you would save a lot of money. Sounds as if you need to ck with a good A/C technician, instead of a bunch of second guessers.

Comment

Something else noticed today. There are two radiator cooling fans and the one on the right was not running when I popped the hood. I took a screw driver and flipped it forward and it took off (albeit a little slower it seemed).

I turned off the car and it didn't kick on immediately 2/3 of the time. This is a sign of a bad motor is it not?

Need to replace the fan assembly or should I look somewhere else first?

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
        Does it have a cabin filter?
        this

Comment

Cabin filter was recently changed

Comment

Tested fan by going straight to 12v...one bad fan motor

Comment

Originally posted by Sethmac View Post
              Tested fan by going straight to 12v...one bad fan motor
              That was going to be my first guess. Any time you've got less than cold air at idle but really cold when you're moving or at highway speeds those fans are the first thing to check. But the second fan can be tricky as it's often on a thermostat.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Following up on this post...the time has come for me to tear into this one.

Anyone familiar with a Sienna and where I should start once I get the system evacuated?

Comment

Go to a Toyota site on Sienna. Toyota Forums are your best source of info. Do a search on your problem, someone has already had this problem and the fix is most likely out there.

Comment

Change the expansion valve and in-line screen. If the compressor is good. The in-line screen gets a lot of shavings in it.

Comment

Low side high, sounds like a cooling fan of compressor issue

Comment

Working...
                      X