Weekend or short Trips with the Kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wife and I are terrible with coming up with ideas. What do you folks like to do with kids on a 2-3 day trip with the kids. Granted our kid is only 3 but wife wants to get away for a few days. We are kind of drawing blanks on what to do that we will all enjoy. Not a huge fan of the beach unless its florida or somewhere clean. And thats a longer trip anyways.

VRBO somewhere that has a stocked pond or on a river. Fish a little, cool off/chill a little repeat.

Comment

Great Wolf Lodge

Comment

Originally posted by CyTxCazador View Post
        Great Wolf Lodge
        How is it? Wife mentioned it. Not a fan of crowds.

Comment

I've been to Great Wolf Lodge a few times when my daughter was younger and wasn't a fan of the crowds or the amount of chlorine in the air at the indoor water park. I had to look up where Lindale is and after seeing it I would say a VRBO at one of the area lakes around you.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
            I've been to Great Wolf Lodge a few times when my daughter was younger and wasn't a fan of the crowds or the amount of chlorine in the air at the indoor water park. I had to look up where Lindale is and after seeing it I would say a VRBO at one of the area lakes around you.
            Kinda what i was afraid of.

Weve got ponds and 2 lakes plenty of fishing so looking for something different.

Thanks tho.

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                My buddy said he’s convinced it’s the waiting area outside the gates of hell!

Comment

We actually had fun at GWL. It was a whole lot better than cooking in 105 degree sun. Lots to do there.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                    My buddy said he’s convinced it’s the waiting area outside the gates of hell!
                    Yall can go with us?

Comment

Do Jellystone in Kerrville my nephews love it and it’s not too big of a crowd. You can rent a cabin or bring an RV.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Power View Post
                        Do Jellystone in Kerrville my nephews love it and it’s not too big of a crowd. You can rent a cabin or bring an RV.

X2

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                          We actually had fun at GWL. It was a whole lot better than cooking in 105 degree sun. Lots to do there.

Same. It’s not that hard to have fun at a water park that sells beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Dale Moser; 07-13-2022, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                            Never been, but my sister & her family go twice a summer & love it. Lots of activities apparently. We may give it a go in August.

Comment

We e go to Great Escapes RV park in Perrin every year in October. They have a small water park, mini golf, a water obstacle course, several pools, and many kids activities. They have cabins if you don’t have a camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X