Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** sky is falling

Comment

If they'd stop closing plants, there wouldn't be an issue. I'm not talking about maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
        Turned mine down to minimum...

Mine is set to 70 as that is what I set it to at night. Right now, both of my ACs have been running non-stop since 9am, and it is 83 inside. Full timing in an RV in the summer in Texas is rough.

Comment

Great, just got a text from our power supplier that our area is in a blackout and they are working on the problem, glad we are still out of town till Friday
          No power = no ac and water

Comment

Wind is sucking bigly!!

Texas has 38,000 MW of installed wind generation capacity and today, the chinese made turbines were putting out less than 1,000 MW during peak heat of the day. By my calcs, that is 2.6% output compared to capacity.

We need to consider covering every square inch of earth in Texas with a turbine to meet demand.
            Last edited by Aggie07; 07-11-2022, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Have we determined that "Green Energy" sucks yet? lol

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                Look how vast an area Hoover dam supplies power to. It's pretty amazing.

Someone calculate how many wind turbines it would take to equal the power generated from hydro from Hoover.
                Depending on the model of wind turbine youā€™re looking at 400-1000 wind turbines to equal what HD produces. The problem is production is down 33% at HD because of the drought and itā€™s dropping more and more.

Comment

Several years ago I saw a Documentary on a trash waste fueled power plant. I believe it was in Oregon. Our trash was the fuel for the power plant with little to no emissions. Trash heated a catalyst theat superheated and provided the "work" to create electricity. (I may have dreamed this idk) I thought is was a great idea. We wouldn't dump trash in a landfill anymore. We all know trash is in no short supply.

Comment

I just received an email from my energy provider about this. They blame demand and low wind.

When the freeze happened last year, I remember everyone bending over backwards to claim there was no way wind could have been a factor.
                    Last edited by Clay C; 07-11-2022, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      Just found this on FB.
                      [ATTACH]1094686[/ATTACH]
                      I live in San Angelo and normally, I would not trust everything San Angelo Live reports. Lol

Looks like ERCOT is saying we are in conservation level.

Last edited by Bone Thug; 07-11-2022, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I have been tearing out a sidewalk with a jack hammer and power went out for 30-45 minutes or so. If it is the governor's fault I will buy him a beer. I needed that break!

Lightning strike was the actual reason for power loss and the rain sure was nice! :-)

Comment

member when it wasnt the wind and it was Texas' grid during the freeze? i member

clowns

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                            Noticed wind output yesterday was at approximately 5% around 4:30 p.m. That's allot of turbines sitting still during the peak consumption period of the day...........................but wind and solar are going to save the grid..............

Rwc
                            Why is that?!? 5% when we need it?! Oh yea we sent our infrastructure money to Ukraineā€¦

Comment

I wonder what Ercot HQ thermostat is set at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X