Favorite production hunting knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason

I liked the blade shape so I figured I would give the silver stag a shot. Ive seen some pictures of your knifes but were do you sell them?

Comment

Originally posted by Anteloper View Post
      Jason

I liked the blade shape so I figured I would give the silver stag a shot. Ive seen some pictures of your knifes but were do you sell them?

Not on this thread

Google knows my name though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some that came to mind were the Master Hunter from Cold Steel. Bought it back in the mid 90’s. Easy to keep sharp & the handle fits me nice.

I have an old guthook skinner that was made by Remington I’ve had about 30 years that I like to use for the same reason I like the cold steel knife.

Another one is an old Canadian skinner . I don’t know what they made the blade from but it holds an edge very well & is pretty easy to keep sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hoggslayer that’s exactly what I was talking about. The leather has started crumbling and I’m trying to decide what I want to do for the handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
            Not on this thread

Google knows my name though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Ive looked at your website but it seemed to be knifes that you sold in the past. If my son gets his first archery buck this year and its nothing special I want to get a few knives made out of it.

...only looks like your books are for sale

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
              Hoggslayer that’s exactly what I was talking about. The leather has started crumbling and I’m trying to decide what I want to do for the handle.
              The white knife was redone with a dog bone from TSC. Cheap and works great.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Hoggslayer; 09-17-2021, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Case hunter, had mine for going on 35 years. I have some custom knives that i love but this is the one that goes in the bag first and would probably be the one i'd pick if it came down to just one (God forbid)
                Attached Files

Comment

Almost time! Started this conversation in September, and the knives are almost done. My design, manufactured by White River Knife and Tool in Michigan.

Last edited by Jason Fry; 04-25-2022, 03:54 PM.

Comment

They look great, Jason! I'm a fan of the blaze orange as my eyes go worse every year. When will they be available?

Comment

My mailing list got a crack at their pick of handle material this morning. I'll be working social media later this week with the preorder link. Delivery in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Buck 103 Skinner Pro Fixed Blade Hunting Knife, 4" S35VN Stainless Steel Blade, Micarta Handle

This compact knife does not have a sharp pointed end so you will not stab yourself by accident. It is well balanced and easy to handle. I have two.

Comment

What steel is being used on these?

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                            What steel is being used on these?
                            S35VN at 59/60 RC.

Comment

Favorite production hunting knife?

Knives of Alaska make a pretty solid knife.

Comment

Never been disappointed in any of my Buck knives.

Comment

Working...
                                X