• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CWaller30 View Post
    Love my spartan.
    Same here!

Jimbow

Comment

I have a Bad Boy and 2 of my neighbors have had Hustlers for years, but one of them just traded his Hustler for a bad boy. Both good brands at reasonable prices in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        I am enjoying my Hustler Raptor XD. They make mostly commercial mowers but Raptor is their residential line. Feature/quality -wise they are between the mowers you find at big box stores and a true commercial made to run all day every day. (It has a welded steel deck for example). I also wanted to buy from a dealer for service purposes.

I have this mower as well and it does great.

Comment

I have a Hustler 54” Fastrac Super Duty with the 25hp Kawasaki, that I bought in 2010. I use that thing like a bulldozer and it’s been phenomenal. My only complaint is the grass buildup under the deck in the spring, but I imagine they all have that issue.

My dad has a Husqvarna 48” with a 18hp Kawasaki that he bought probably 21 -23 years ago, and it’s been pretty solid also.

If I bought one now, it would be one with suspension on the front wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This goes against your budget plan but you need to go ride a Ferris. Buy once, cry once. And have the best mower made IMO.

Comment

Get a couple sheep

Comment

I've had a Hustler Raptor SDX 60" for awhile now, 135 hours for 3 acres mowing fairly regularly.

Can't speak for all the other brands but I'm fairly particular when it comes to things like this, and am happy with my choice so far.

Here are a few things to keep in mind when picking a mower that I used:
                -comfortability to drive (I'm 6'5" and don't fit many machines without my knees hitting the handles)
                -convenience to raise and lower deck (I prefer a sturdy foot pedal so i can quickly avoid things I didn't see till the last second)
                -temporary maintenance (how easy it is to clear grass from the deck that builds up, taking off and cleaning air filter, etc.)
                -how comfortable is the seat (not something I originally was worried about but my yard is a lot more rough than I had thought when flying around at higher speeds)

Lots of great options, Good Luck

Comment

Appreciate all of the suggestions

Comment

My old zero turn I bought in 2009 is still going but I bought a kubota 60” .
                    commercial last year. As people on here have recommended on many threads on the Hustler I would have purchased one but the dealer service in my area blows.

Comment

I have hustler raptor also. 48" cut for an acre and Im done in about 30 minutes. Its around 150 hours and Ive replaced one deck bearing. It was the pully on the discharge side when I was mowing our lake lot that was higher than the mower.

Even when doing that I didnt have issues with grass clumping but I have the dumb plastic divertor or thing tied up so grass blows in my lap when the wind is right

Comment

My Dad swears by Skag

Comment

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
                          Ditto
                          Got 3 of em
                          2- 36” stand ons
                          1- 61” stand on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Another Ferris owner here. ISX3300 72" cut.

I had to have the best ride because my lower back is tore up and my pastard is not as smooth as it looks.

I love it.

Comment

Scag Cheetah! You can mow at 25 MPH!

Comment

Skag cheetah you can mow at 25 MPH!

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                                This goes against your budget plan but you need to go ride a Ferris. Buy once, cry once. And have the best mower made IMO.
                                My vote is for Ferris, too. Suspension makes a world of a difference on a couple acres.

Comment

Working...
                                X