Rec Tec Pellet grill? Others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
    Times have changed, you’re sister just finished gender-transformation surgery along with the testosterone replacement therapy and really enjoys cooking on her new pellet grill

I get the jokes, but as busy as life has been, I’d like the option to simply set it and forget it. I haven’t purchased one yet, but I’m very close to getting one of these “Easy Bake Smokers” and The Rec Tec is high on the list. Don’t know that I want to go all-in on a Pitts & Spitts yet.
    Buy once cry once!! I do not have one. But I can see the allure of simplicity. Pretty sure the last 3 BBQ places I went to for lunch, I could have purchased one....

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a z grill that I just use just for Texas Twinkies that has worked well. No complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
        Times have changed, you’re sister just finished gender-transformation surgery along with the testosterone replacement therapy and really enjoys cooking on her new pellet grill

I get the jokes, but as busy as life has been, I’d like the option to simply set it and forget it. I haven’t purchased one yet, but I’m very close to getting one of these “Easy Bake Smokers” and The Rec Tec is high on the list. Don’t know that I want to go all-in on a Pitts & Spitts yet.
        Lol for sure it is just to easy. The hate for pellet smokers is funny and useless. Cause nothing says I am a man quite like putting down others for spending their money on what they want to buy.

I have a rectec bullseye and I love it. It is a very versatile smoker, may be a little small if you decide to cook alot say multiple briskets. But, overall I have been happy with mine.

There was a rectec 580 on here for a pretty good discount in the classifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
          Rec Tec
          Traeger
          Pitboss

In that order without spending Pitts and spits money. I’ve also wanted to try this one from all seasons
          https://www.allseasonsfeeders.com/pr...f-pellet-grill
          I have been wanting to go eye ball the ASF one but havent found one locally.

My biggest hang up is they are not wifi controllable i dont believe.

I have been wanting to start out on the low end but havent pulled the trigger yet. I have figured out i want to get something a little better than a pit boss i think.

Everything i have seen ASF is usually built pretty well for the money.

Comment

Char-griller gravity charcoal smoker 980 !!! work great real smoke and charcoal flavor Just like my stick burnner.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Brotherbill; 03-15-2022, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Recteq is the way to go!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                My sister got an easy bake oven 25 years ago for Christmas. I think she was happy with it. I will ask her what brand.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
                Loved my sisters Easy bank oven. We would make cake when Mom and Dad were asleep. Great times.

Comment

I have the RT-590. Excellent build quality. Won't rust out if minimally maintained being that the vital parts are stainless and well put together. I have one gripe and it's a big one for me -- during the holidays the Recteq wi-fi temperature probe servers consistently crash. That means if you think you can 'set it and forget it' Christmas Eve or the night before Thanksgiving, you'll be in for a rude awakening. It's because Rectec is too cheap to increase their web server subscription during the holidays. This is a known pain point for customers who bought the Recteq thinking they could cook things overnight with minimal attention. The workaround is spending $50 on a third-party bluetooth probe kit that will alert you without using the web.

Comment

Go Grilla. Best customer service and make a top notch product. You wont be disappointed.

Comment

Rec-Teq RT-700. One of the best purchases I have ever made.

Have two of their Bullseye round pits too and they're perfect for smaller cooks.

Comment

Rectec 700 best grill I’ve had.

Comment

Originally posted by cnc_xt View Post
                          Pitts and Spitts is in a league of their own. They are expensive. There are some other decent ones- RecTec, Treager etc.
                          After a lot of research, I bought a Pitts & Spitts. I have been highly impressed.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Are there any dealers in Houston for RecTeq, or do you have to order them online? Would like to see one in person first, but not sure that's possible at a store.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                              Are there any dealers in Houston for RecTeq, or do you have to order them online? Would like to see one in person first, but not sure that's possible at a store.

Chris
                              I’m fairly certain they are direct to consumer only.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                                I’m fairly certain they are direct to consumer only.
                                That's what it's looking like.

I could run over and take a look at the Pitts & Spitts, but I don't think I NEED a $2k grill

Comment

Working...
                                X