Bowhunt: Zambia's Luangwa Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunt: Zambia's Luangwa Valley

Well, looks like July may be my trip to Zambia! I am looking for any insight from TBHers that have hunted the valley.......hopefully with bow but gun insight is more than welcomed also! (I have already read old threads that mentioned Zambia or the valley, GOOD STUFF.) Only requirements currently is a recent COVID-19 test result, just like last year for my Alaska Dall Sheep trip. I just spoke to the PH about the trip after 5 or so emails. He had just gotten in from a day of tracking elephants with a Houston client.....and saw plenty! I am pretty fired up about this 14 days of bowhunting into the belly of the beast. Leopard is my primary target followed by hippo & croc. These 3 have been on my list since I was a kid staring at the pages of Outdoor Life and Field & Stream magazines back in the late 70's. I never would have dreamed it was going to be a bowhunt however.......lol!

Wow, Oscar. I'm thrilled for you.

Comment

Looking forward to following your trip Oscar!
      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Wow, Oscar. I'm thrilled for you.
        Heck Steve, I am going all the way over there trying to get a lizard like the one yall dragged out of the gravel pit last year......lol! Oh, Jillian is still stuck with us so let me know when we need to head your way to thwack some garfish!!

Comment

Sounds like a great trip, are you going to bowhunt the hippo and croc?

Comment

Heck yeah this is the type of Africa hunt I’m talking about! I would love to see an LDP of your and a big leopard tom with your bow. Hopefully nothing changes and we get to hear all about it.

Comment

Awesome... This should be good..

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                Sounds like a great trip, are you going to bowhunt the hippo and croc?
                Yessir.......going to be a hoot.

Comment

Oops!!!

What are the regs for a cat coming out of Zambia?

Comment

Leopard is my dream African animal, good luck!

Comment

Hunting in Africa, this will be a great trip for you. Will be following your progress, good luck!

Comment

Very cool Oscar!!!

Can’t wait to see the pics!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing all about your trip. Good luck to you. The hardest part of your trip is already happening....waiting for it to get here!

Comment

Good luck!!!!! have fun

God Bless
                            Bish

Comment

Man, I can’t wait to follow along! I had a trip booked to Zambia for my 40th birthday. Was going to do elephant, hippo, and croc with a bow. I got a call about 6 months out from the hunt that Zambia was closing their elephant hunting. I didn’t know which route to go and I moved the hunt to Zimbabwe. I never got an elephant and the hunt wasn’t that great. I did kill a hippo with a bow so that was a plus. One day I will make it to Zambia. Trying to make that happen for my 50th.

Comment

Working...
                              X