Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    This cracks me up!

This is a perfect example though. Parents EAT this up and will spend spend spend. These companies/organizations are very smart

Anything for little Johnny.
    I always look forward to your insight on these threads. Where do your kids play? What age?

Comment

JS. You have your kid playing where he needs to. At 13 he needs to see more than just the local baseball. I know your kid wants to play at HS level and maybe further. There are exceptions but most that dont play competitive baseball wont make a good HS team. HS my kid went to would have kids that would be starters on 90% of HS teams get cut. We had a middle infielder get cut because the infield was so talented and crowded and he is playing D2 baseball this year. Do what is best and enjoy the ride. Make the sacrifices, enjoy the out of town stays, eating out together, etc.

And Dale Junior is right. Bring 3 xtra pitchers at least.
      Last edited by glen; 02-25-2021, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        I always look forward to your insight on these threads. Where do your kids play? What age?
        I thought this dude you quoted was Mhbaseballs, sock.

Comment

I’ve got both boys at the Edge in Granbury. First tournament next weekend

Comment

Originally posted by jmcampbell View Post
            I’ve got both boys at the Edge in Granbury. First tournament next weekend
            when my oldest was 7 we had a pretty salty rec league coach pitch team and decided to enter our first tournament. we played cody straits then 7u edge team and i remember thinking that our boys would never, ever, be able to compete with a team like that lol....then the next day we played spitfire and got beat 8-4, they had 4 2-run HRs on us at the star in euless. great memories.

that edge-strait team was very good for a couple years then seemed to have broken up and i believe cody dropped his kid back down to his age and has still been coaching, they would be 12u now. great organization, and back then had awesome uniforms and logo.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              JS. You have your kid playing where he needs to. At 13 he needs to see more than just the local baseball. I know your kid wants to play at HS level and maybe further. There are exceptions but most that dont play competitive baseball wont make a good HS team. HS my kid went to would have kids that would be starters on 90% of HS teams get cut. We had a middle infielder get cut because the infield was so talented and crowded and he is playing D2 baseball this year. Do what is best and enjoy the ride. Make the sacrifices, enjoy the out of town stays, eating out together, etc.

And Dale Junior is right. Bring 3 xtra pitchers at least.
              yeah, its been a fun ride so far, i wouldnt change the time we get to spend with our kids. rockwall is as competitive as they come for HS ball so it will be fun to see who sticks it out in a couple years when hes a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                Dale what age group are yall? I coach a 11U AAA team, we will be in Gulf Shores this year June 9th - 13th. Make sure yall have plenty of pitching, I hear you play alot of games, and I believe you can bring 2 or 3 extra players with ya.

We’re 9U. We are taking the max # allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  when my oldest was 7 we had a pretty salty rec league coach pitch team and decided to enter our first tournament. we played cody straits then 7u edge team and i remember thinking that our boys would never, ever, be able to compete with a team like that lol....then the next day we played spitfire and got beat 8-4, they had 4 2-run HRs on us at the star in euless. great memories.

that edge-strait team was very good for a couple years then seemed to have broken up and i believe cody dropped his kid back down to his age and has still been coaching, they would be 12u now. great organization, and back then had awesome uniforms and logo.
                  We have been with them a couple years now. Great organization. I remember playing Cody’s team in 7u-8u. They would always beat us by 1 run. Never did beat them. He is with a different organization now I believe.

Comment

How’s everyone’s weekend going? Weather was spectacular in north Texas this today...sunburns for all.

We’re 1-0-1 and the 3 cede in Irving tomorrow.

Comment

We played the worst baseball ever since I’ve coached the team. We just haven’t had enough practices yet.
                      It can only get better

Comment

13u Oilers went 2-0 yesterday, still shaking off some rust for sure.

We had Brock checked out last week and it's tendonitis in his shoulder, he played 2 innings at first yesterday, for the first time ever, and just hit other than that. He has 2 more therapy sessions at Arrosti Monday and Wednesday and hopefully we will have it worked out. We don't play again till the end of the month so he won't be throwing much between now and then.

We play at 2 and 4 today, good luck to all you guys.

Comment

I'll jump in this year as we have both boys 10U playing. They play for a fairly new club out of the Woodlands. The South Texas Iron Fins. The boys play on different level teams so it makes for some long practice nights at Scrap Yard. The step son's team went 1-1 in pool play Friday night and play today at 1:15. My other son has his first tourney next weekend. They are playing in the South Texas Super NIT at Scrap Yard. Some decent ball was played, but still a lot of work to do.
                          Good luck to all today.

Comment

Oilers went 2-0 again yesterday, it was a great start, especially considering we were missing 4 of our best arms this weekend due to vacation and injuries.

We have some work to do with the bat but have a few weeks now to figure it out.

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions around Seabrook- Have a nephew that probably needs to step up. Will be looking for a 12 u organization probably AA. He is playing league this year and bored.

Comment

We lost our 2nd yesterday to a very good team that we tied on Saturday. We just ran out of pitching, and they hit them where we weren't. All in all a great 1st tournament of the year. Brady played great all weekend, hitting the ball hard to all fields, particularly oppo. He started our 1st game on Sunday and pitched 4 1/3 on 64 pitches and gave up 3 runs.

Comment

Working...
                                X